B&B: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In stead of getting a strong black villain, Justin goes back to Bill crying for forgiveness. It would’ve been interesting to see Justin take over Spencer for a few months, and possibly even try to make a play for Katie. He could have even hired Carter. Something to the effect of Jack and Brad taking over Newman in the 90s on Y&R. But instead they show resolves things in lightning speed. Granted fast paced is better than boring dry prolongment But at least try to give events more weight by dragging things out a little bit. 

• Members

DEAD LMAO Matt Atkinson's FB page 

https://www.facebook.com/JMattAtkinson/posts/361178262039925

This week Thomas tells lies and threatens everyone to keep the secret!
No? Oh, this week Thomas attacks Liam for his constant flip flopping!
Not that? I got it: This week Thomas needs brain surgery after finding out his latest obsession with Hope wasn’t his fault!
Wrong again? …Wait, he’s the good guy and helps Liam?
Nah, that’s not it.
Catch up with @boldandbeautifulcbs weekdays on @cbstv or the @paramountplus app! Obviously I will ‘cause I’m very confused.

• Members

I mean I giggled and I appreciate the self-awareness but there is a hint of unprofessionalism about an actor seriously s***ing on his own show and writers publicly like that.

We are not talking SC gently mocking the obsession Steffy and Hope have for his character. We are talking an actor straight up saying the writing for his character sucks and he doesn't know what he is playing.
It is almost as if he is trying to provoke a "falling-down-the-elevator-shaft" situation and be let out of his contract.

• Members

Oh it’s totally unprofessional. But I’ve been so appalled by what I’ve seen on B&B lately that it’s hard for me to get up in arms about his breach in decorum. (SC has said something similar recently; I’ll have to find it.)

Part of me feels Brad knows his writing is trash and probably would have a chuckle over MA’s post himself.

• Members

I think MA's post is perfect. C'mon B&B has always been OTT - it's never been a serious soap. It's more style than substance. This is the only soap that has never had a single, effective murder mystery because that would require foresight. 

For example: Brooke's insta-alcoholism and Myron's PSA came and went in WEEKS, but permanently damaged the characters. Brooke 2 week problem with alcohol has left her unable to drink and Maya can't be changed back. The writing is impulsive and wildly inconsistent. 'There's been a MUR-DAH!' Ugh. 

I'm betting response to MA's post is overwhelming positive by fans.