Days: May 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I never really saw the appeal in Tripp.  He's okay, but just a general bland soap guy.  I like Allie and I like Chanel.  They have a little more personality.   I am not wholeheartedly against Tripp/Allie, it's just not exciting.  It's like one notch above Michael/Willow on GH.  Maybe if they played a little more angst about the rape accusation, but everyone's over it lol.

• Members

They are boring with no chemistry.  I guess they look okay together.  Chanel is a spoiled, whiny girl, but at least she has a personality.  Tripp does not.  To each their own though.  

I got a friendship vibe too.  Which I am happy about.  I don't love Elani or anything, but I think they are a solid B couple.  And they are pretty.

I had to LOL at Brady sending Marlena to the D mansion.  Because why not send a 70 year old woman to find Chloe or Lucas or whoever without any back up?

Is it sad I actually want Xander to get the 10 million dollars from EJ?  

• Members

I binge-watched all of last weeks episodes and this weeks so far, and based on the comments here I thought I was in for a train wreck, and although its definitely chaotic, no matter how chaotic it got I enjoyed every second of it.

I've been vocal that I hate the whole Kristen/Susan storyline and while I still think both characters need to retire for a while, the storyline is better now that Sami/Lucas/Kate/Gabi/Jake are intertwined into the mix.

I'm enjoying the addition of Chanel into the younger set, it just bugs me to no end when posters on Twitter go "if she's a lesbian then why was she into Theo/Xander/Eli etc" umm... I think the show did a good job of explaining the whole no labels thing and being attracted to the person, but I guess some people can't wrap their heads around the concept. As someone thats the same way its great to see that displayed on DAYS, some people call it bi, pansexual or no labels but regardless what you call it it's good to have it represented as something that exists. Was the kiss between her and Allie for shock? Maybe, because this is Ron we're talking about lol, but I do believe he's at the same time setting  up something bigger here, but maybe I'm giving him too much credit. 

I was a Passions fan so I've always had a soft spot for Galen Gering, but I think he's more likable since he returned this time around. I don't mind Rafe/Ava/Nicole, maybe I just didn't like Rafe with Hope. 

Speaking of Nicole, sure she hasn't had scenes with Xander in forever but I like it when soaps pair characters together that aren't usually in scenes together. It's realistic that a character could cross paths with someone like that, but I can also see how some fans can see it as purely plot driven to move the plot forward.

DAYS in my option is on fire. Could the pacing be better? Sure, I completely forgot about the whole who shot Charlie lol, but compared to the other soaps right now I think they were deserving of that 2 year pickup. 

The lack of Ben has been great.

Edited by LostinSalem

• Members

Great post!

I don't think the show's been that terrible either. The problem for me is this huge storyline that weaved in so many characters (which is the type of storyline that I like on soaps) has been built around mask and dopplegangers and so many other constantly used tropes that make characters look so stupid. It was just not needed. They could have done the same storyline but in a different way

And agreed on Chanel. It's nice to see a character like that on a soap. I just hope she's well used and not made to be solely a temporary spoiler for Tripp/Allie, Eli/Lani, etc.