Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Days: May 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members
11 hours ago, Liberty City said:

One day the lights were just turned off; I'm also pretty sure they changed cameras, yet never changed post-production models. Even now it looks piss poor.

Again, every single time they changed EP lineups, it all changes. And while the new sets around 2015 were nice, they all looked cheap AF! Even now the sets look cheap and recycled. The new DiMera set is nice, but, in comparison to the new sets General Hospital gives us, it pales in comparison.

No doubt.  I will never sing DOOL’s praises re. sets (even when we had like 50ish of them in rotation during the Langan/B&C era).  I just appreciate that in the last few years, there’s been some effort on the production design front.

I don’t have much positive to say about Frank as GH’s EP, but I am so impressed with how he’s completely refreshed the look of the show (even if a lot of it isn’t my taste nor is it very reflective of the actual characters who are supposed to be inhabiting those sets).  GH has a serious visual POV—lots of moving cameras and different angles.

But ya, for “Days,” the Ed Scott era was our visual high for sure.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
12 hours ago, DynamiteKiddo said:

No doubt.  I will never sing DOOL’s praises re. sets (even when we had like 50ish of them in rotation during the Langan/B&C era).  I just appreciate that in the last few years, there’s been some effort on the production design front.

I don’t have much positive to say about Frank as GH’s EP, but I am so impressed with how he’s completely refreshed the look of the show (even if a lot of it isn’t my taste nor is it very reflective of the actual characters who are supposed to be inhabiting those sets).  GH has a serious visual POV—lots of moving cameras and different angles.

But ya, for “Days,” the Ed Scott era was our visual high for sure.

Not to mention, Frank Valentini (or TPTB) were able to invest in 4K cameras, even if they're scaled to 1080p for air. That's fantastic. If only Ken Corday could manage.