Days: May 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I forgot about Lindsay Arnold.  She deserves it more than some of those questionable GH younger nods. 

Mike Manning?  Not as big as a snub, but I would have him over Jeff Kober.

The guest star stuff is confusing.  Seriously, cannot remember that Dr. lol  I am not sure I get the guidelines for "guest" but I think Mike Manning had a contract?  Does that rule him out?

Edited by carolineg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'd have to assume, based on the mix-and-match of real guest stars, temporary recasts and short-contracters that the "guest star" criteria is probably the amount of episodes on a specific and narrow period of time.
Like someone who did twenty episodes over a month and nothing else would be a guest star whereas someone who did twenty episodes over the entire year would be considered recurring and thus probably eligible for supporting? I dunno.

• Members

This is all I could find on it but you appear to be correct:

"The performer’s character must have premiered in the current eligibility (calendar) year and have made a limited number of appearances in a significant role"

So that's pretty vague.  I guess it's strictly on number of appearances.  But I certainly wouldn't call Dr. whoever significant.  I would assume people like Kim Delaney, Cady McClain, and even Mike Manning would be under those appearances because they started later in 2020 even if they were more recurring than "guest".  

It's kind of a silly category honestly.  And I guess an actor can pick.  Like next year VK could submit as "guest" for her appearances as Ciara, but will probably submit younger again (if she's still eligible-I can't even understand those new rules)

• Webmaster

For 2021-2022 eligibility (meaning January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021; but awards airs in 2022) you have to be 21 or younger. For 2022-2023 (meaning January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022; but awards airs in 2023) you have to be 18 or younger.

That's what I understood.

• Members

Thanks!  I believe I did read that, but it's confusing and limiting.  So if Lindsay Arnold is 21 right now, but is 22 in September of this year I wonder if she's still eligible.  Otherwise, no one on Days is lol.  21 seems like a good cut off age.  18 seems a little young.  There isn't a ton of competition.  Time for Days to find a 16 year old Sydney and age Parker and beef up that teen scene.

• Members

That's probably the variable I hadn't thought of.
It is the actors/show who pick who they submit for what category!
And just like some of the "supporting" are sometimes actually leading characters who don't want the competition of the Big Beasts in leading, I bet some of the strangest "guests" are strategic submissions by shows/actors who figured they have a better shot at "guest star" even if it stretches the spirit of the category.

• Members

Yeah it has to be strategic.  I used to hate when lead actors/actresses would chose to be in the "supporting" category because they were younger and less established then the usual leads.  It seemed unfair and really stacked the supporting acting categories for years and sometimes the leading categories had actors/actresses with much smaller episode counts. 

Anyway......thread drift.....I thought today's show was good.  I liked the Brady/Kristen stuff and the Jan/Claire stuff.

• Members

Why is it that we now get good scenes between Brady/Kristen. This entire story has been a total albatross on the show, and yesterdays scenes were phenomenal; had we received that type of writing from the start instead of  camp and repetitiveness I would've been more inclined to watch this story play out.