Days: May 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I am not really even much of a Sami fan, but her and Lucas continue to be a bright spot on the show.  I am really enjoying AS's run right now.  She is so much better away from EJ.

I like Chanel and Allie too.  The kiss was random and I don't really buy Allie as a huge partier, but I like it when people have actual friendships on the show.

Chloe is a total idiot, but I still like her.

The Kristen/Susan stuff is super obnoxious.  I hope it ends soon.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sami and Lucas are just plain fun. I actually laughed out loud when Lucas told Chloe he was going to Antarctica.

I wasn't expecting Brady to find out about Kristen/Susan. Thank god. Let's end this mess.

I was hoping we'd find out that Allie and Chanel fooled around in London or something but oh well. Hopefully they'll explore Allie and Chanel eventually. That seems more interesting than Allie/Tripp.

• Members

I’m not interested in the Allie and Chanel stuff if they’re going the “no labels” route. Tired of soaps pretend they’re progressive while they can’t say the word gay.

Labels are important. If Allie and Chanel are into each other, they’re either bi or gay. Period.

• Members

I was never much of an EJ/Sami fan.  I always preferred Lumi.  I don't think they have the hottest chemistry, but they play off each other so well.  You know they are meant to be.

Allie said her brother was gay and it was fine.  To me, Chanel is bi even if she doesn't want to say it.  The 'no labels' thing doesn't bother me much.  It opens Chanel up to a lot of possibilities even though I doubt the show will go there.  It's clear it was all for shock value, but I didn't hate it.  Again, I have trouble buying Allie as a crazy party girl.  She seems so boring.

• Members

Lucas definitely brings out a comedic side to Sami and she works best as a schemer or as comic relief.  She never has worked for me as the tortured heroine.  She's not her mother or her sisters.   I hated the years she was the lead and all the EJ stuff and the baby storylines.  AS/BD really excel at humor and work with each other so easily.  I guess they have been doing it for 25 plus years, but their connection really shows.  It's really obvious when BD does scenes with Sami and Chloe.  He and Nadia have no chemistry.  Why were they ever paired up lol?  Lucas has had some weird pairings-Adrienne, Chloe, Nicole?  Random....

• Members

I actually liked that time period. They finally made Sami grow up for the most part. It was nice to see the character change and become full circle over time. 

As for Chloe/Lucas, I think they were paired because they were the only two unattached people at that time. Everybody was so invested in Sami/EJ and I'm sure they also really wanted to break Chloe out of that Brady/Philip loop. I never saw them as an endgame pairing though. 

• Members

Ugh!  I hated all that Sami/Rafe/EJ baby switch stuff.  I felt like Ali/Sami was crying everyday.  I never bought Sami as a true heroine and the show gave her so many kids so quickly.  Idk, it just never felt like the right fit for Sami as a character.  I know a lot of people liked that era though. 

Lucas and Chloe were always random for me.  But then again, every time a writing regime changes so does Chloe.  Sometimes she nice, sometimes she's a schemer, sometimes she's a vixen etc.  I don't think anyone has ever had a clear idea what to do with Nadia/Chloe since appox. 2002.  Chloe seems like a generation too young for Lucas, but Adrienne was a generation too old.  

• Members

So it's starting to look the Allie/Chanel kiss was all for nothing. Just like the Theo/Claire kiss that Charlie walked in on. And now the Xander/Chanel marriage appears to be ending too. If things are going to be rushed through so quickly, what exactly is the point for them?

I think that's more that they had no idea what to do with Lucas, rather than Chloe or Adrienne

• Members

Agreed.

They could stretch some stuff out for a little more, especially the Xander/Chanel marriage. I feel like the way that they rushed into it, and to then have Chanel scam Paulina so quickly messed up her character a little. They could've spent a little more time building sympathy for her