Most overly dramatic characters and scenes

• Members

Robin Strasser as Vivian on DAYS was so over the top I was watching in anticipation to just make me cackle with laughter and wondering  how was it all done with a straight face. When Stefan was shot I burst out with are you [!@#$%^&*] kidding me? DAYS did not let that just air!!! RS yell was about as bad as it gets.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Actually I though Susan Lucci's scenes after Mona's funeral, lying in her bedroom and holding her mom's picture, crying.. this is one of saddest scenes I've seen in a soap opera. Susan was clearly grieving for Frances Heflin ..  

Please register in order to view this content

last two minutes 

• Members

Yeah, it is shocking and her reaction is justified.  It’s still incredibly over the top compared to the two other actors in the scene.  She was a teenager and that is heavy stuff so I don’t think it’s a bad thing.  It’s just so stark especially because Lisa Brown is so understated as Iva.

• Members

Heather Tom on B&B pretty much owns this thread.  Her reaction when Bill blew up a building and she was just so SCHOCKED.  Like she thought it was above him and she was screaming and crying for an Emmy Reel.  

I saw the end of yesterday's episode of B&B completely owns this thread.  I guess Steffy is finally finding out who baby daddy is.  But it looked like a bad Telenovela.  They cut to each person's face over and over.    They could have added dialogue to say "BEBE!"?  "SI!"  "NO!"  "BEBE!?"  "SI!"  "NO!"  and added the DUN DUN DUNNNNNN! music and had each person stare into the camera like the Californians they used to skit on SNL.  "NO!"  "SI!"  And Steffy said 3 times I think - WHO is my BABY's DAD?  or something like that.  And the Doctor stands and stares.  How long has it been since that test?  People are married and annulled and married again faster than this on B&B.  

• Members

I have questions, lol. Can someone translate? 

One overly dramatic scene I can recall was during DAYS' Serial Killer debacle of 2004 where Julie was dry heaving in grief over the news of Alice's passing. Susan Seaforth-Hayes was really hamming it up during this era, along with all the Julie/Bonnie/Mickey scenes... 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Lucci was frequently over dramatic but I liked her and she was the show. (I do think however AMC could somewhat have a leg to stand on without Lucci but B&B without Flannery however, definitely not!)

Sometimes Erika Slezak as Niki/other alters was OTT.  I enjoyed the Niki returning plot in the 80s, and the '95 Victor lord death plot. Niki Smith in 2002 became too cartoonish. When she first returned in 2001 there were some good moments where she haunted Viki, leading up to the Jessica/Natalie baby switch plot. Once the writers had Niki framing Nat to think she had split personality and pushed Ben out of the window, things went off the rails. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Y5T6cJKpk&t=444s

Edited by ironlion

• Members

This is one of my favorite GH scenes, but in hindsight, I can totally call this ott af--when Tracy found out Lila died, after lashing out at everyone, I believe she fell into either Ned or Edward's arms and SCREAMED, "I want my mommy!!!"  It was raw and so painful to watch, but also a lot.