Days: A Horton Returns

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She's very viable and this run proves it. I hope there's more to this. I'm not sure if it's confirmed 100% or not. But Gwen and Laura's confrontation is supposed to end tragically. Could mean a lot of things but there's also a fight at the cemetery I believe between Abby and Gwen ..... read into it all what you will.

I just don't trust Ron on this. [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

yeah. Ironic how he brings so many back from the dead but then offs others like it's nothing. 

Exactly, he's going for 'shock value'.

Of course like you said, dead doesn't mean dead on DAYS, so I do have hope there's more to it than meets the eye but who knows?

• Members

This return proved Laura should be in town more often, not dead. If they kill her off I’m going to be furious. Not only for Laura, but once again it would be taking a villain too far. I don’t want to see Gwen kill a beloved vet them have to deal with them telling us it doesn’t matter when they want to keep her around. 

• Members

Days also killed off another veteran character, Bill Horton, for literally no reason whatsoever. Can anyone come up with the point of that? There were no ramifications and no story to came out of it. Does Laura even know that her once-beloved husband and the father of her children is dead? 

I know TPTB killed off David Banning in order to facilitate the story of Julie's gaining a new grandson, but that axing of a beloved Horton was egregious and unnecessary too. 

Now (potentially) Laura Horton?

Ron Carlivati would bring back Penny Hughes to ATWT just to reveal her as a transvestite serial killer and kill her off.

Please register in order to view this content

Ron writes low-brow camp and relies on pedestrian shock value. He is a terrible writer. He needs to go.

• Members

@vetsoapfanBill’s death was pointless when you consider how long he’d been gone. You didn’t even have the pay off of him returning for a stint and there being an actual story with it. 

When it comes to David I feel that is because they only wanted to use Valerie as a token. Had he been brought back you would have to address their history. I will never understand the story benefit here. He’d been gone for ages so they have a blank canvas. Such a waste!

• Members

I can't blame them for killing off Bill to be honest. All his portrayers were dead bar the random John H Martin recast and well... I sort of get it. Tommy Horton should've gotten a send-off too.

David? Yeah, that was a story driver I guess, but as has been said, it was almost exclusively done to use Rhonda Blair from Melrose Place as a token. David, being Julie's son, sort of a new matriarch on the show, could've been useful and certainly enough time had passed for a recast with a fuzzy age around 40/50-something.

Laura... they have an actress that's played the part for 25 years and seems willing to appear at times. Waste.

• Members

JLB's version of Laura is like a different character from the 60s/70s version(s), but I still like her and like the idea of Laura still being around.  I've hated most of Ron's writing but this might be the worst for me.  Especially since it's going to be done to prop a useless character.  I doubt we'll get much reaction from the town.  Mike probably won't even be mentioned.