Days: A Horton Returns

• Members

Ron is a hack through and through, an egomaniac who got drunk off the undeserved praise he got for approximately one year of his headwriting career. 

Even if the original actress is not in the role, the lack of respect shown to a near-original character is just shameful, all while a serial killer played one of the deadest actors in the show's history is given the keys to the kingdom.

Ron Carlivati is why so many people hate soaps and why so many people who used to love them quit and never looked back. And I hope all his old boosters at Daytime Confidential are happy with what they helped create. 

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wow. They're going to kill a character that's been a part of the show since 1966 for the sake of creating storyline for a character who will be forgotten this time next year? Of course, nobody really dies on Days but Laura might be in danger of staying dead since the current writers and producers seem intent on erasing Hortons and history. I tuned in to see Laura and I can't believe this show is still on the air. The writing and acting are horrible. 

Edited by Bill Bauer

• Members

Wow, people are so up in arms about this that I'm wondering whether I've missed something! Based on the spoiler pics that were posted, it looks to me like Laura might just be unconscious or in a coma. I'll be upset if the show actually does kill off Laura, but I'm willing to let the story actually play out before I make that judgment. 

• Members

Ron Carlivati is a f-u-c-k-i-n-g hack and should not be writing want ads, let alone a long-running soap. He spits on legacy characters (killing BOTH Bill and Laura Horton, not to mention Adrienne Johnson for the wreck that is cartoon Bonnie Lockhart) and is turning this show into an even more shallow circus than James Reilly did.

That's some feat.

At this point, Days should just have a mercy killing. The history and heart are gone, all to service psychos like Kristen, Ben, and Gwen.

Kristian Alfonso wasn't lying in her exit interview when she said the show was not the Days Of Our Lives she had known.

Well, as this is the spoiler/preview forum, there is an additional spoiler having Abigail arguing with Gwen at a cemetery, soooo...

Edited by Wendy

• Members

Wow just wow if RC really kills Laura.  I do NOT care for JLB's version of Laura, but she is as legacy character as it gets and to do this to generate story for Gwen would be insane.  She has been a shot in the arm for the show, but she is a new character, whose background has been changed and is now convoluted at best.  And Laura didn't even get scenes with Julie, Maggie, Marlena, or Doug . . . if she does die, RC wouldn't even have capitalized on the dramatic impact.  Whether it's death or a coma, Laura's run-in with Kate will obviously play into this.  Btw, those 2 scenes were great--the best part of JLB's Laura for me is her rivalry with Kate.  I'm really crossing my fingers that this isn't actually happening.

• Members

Ron not only kills off Bill Horton, but he kills off Laura too? 

Please register in order to view this content

Yeah I’ve been meaning to take a little break from DAYS and I see this might be the perfect time to do so. I’m already annoyed at the Kristen storyline, the Ben/Ciara story is the dumps, I’m not here for Nicole being put through the ringer for her impending affair with Rafe. It’s just all too much. I might drop in to see Sami’s return or Jackee Harry characters debut but that’s it. 

• Members

I mean, he literally killed Bill a year ago to the day he killed Laura. Not quite but still. Same month. Such bullshit. I'm done with DAYS. I'm so tired. It's not just Ron. It's been years (over a decade?) of terrible writing, decisions, etc.

I'll still keep up and I'm sure I'll watch when Sami and Jackee Harry come on but man ... I'm just done.

• Members

I’d like to think that Laura will just be in a coma, but for some reason this time feels different. Hopefully the backlash from this will prompt someone behind the scenes to wake up.

And I hope you keep watching, @KMan101 I’d miss your awesome posts in the monthly threads

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yeah I hear you lol. I feel so 'personally' invested in DAYS that I almost take these things personally, if you will. Just irritates me that they waste potential, miss opportunities, etc. .... Sigh. But I'll never fully 'quit'. I love the show but it's a hot mess. Ron has months of decent, entertaining material and then it goes entirely off the rails. It always seems to fall around the start of the year.

I smell Albert Alarr over a lot of this garbage (though Ron is all over it too). Remember we used to have Meng too. Now it's just him and checked out Corday.

I'd be open to giving Ryan Quan a shot as the HW. But I think we need a strong female co-hw. Give me back Lorraine Broderick.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

That sounds like it would be a good team. We never really saw what either of them could do because each time there was somebody else kind of ruining it for them lol (Broderick = Langan, Quan = Higley)

I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Whitesell back either. If you can make Higley look good, then you got talent lol. I really enjoyed a lot of his work. His storylines were plotted out really well, he just needed some work on his follow up storylines. Broderick or Quan could balance that out for him.

Edited by AbcNbc247