Linda Dano joins Days as recast Vivian

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm ... surprised. LOL.

I flove me some Linda Dano so YAY but I also adore Sorel and am tired of the rotating Vivian's. Like others have said, if this were an actual recast that was long-term, I COULD get behind it. I'm assuming, like always, it's a pop in. 

It's Ronald Carlivati. I have no doubts. LMAO. It's also probably no coincidence that Jackee joins and then we get Linda as Vivian ... 

It is odd. I wish they'd just keep Vivian around. Enough with the pop ins. Especially when every other time they can't seem to get Sorel (or don't ask; I have no idea). I'm assuming if they did ask Sorel she doesn't want to do it with Covid, etc. Just a guess. Sucks but I'm willing to give Dano a shot as Vivian; I'm very intrigued to see her in the role, actually. Just hard to invest in because I'm tired of the pop ins.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Am I the only one who thinks Robin Strasser's use of the word 'beloved' is a tad bitter? 

I love Linda Dano, so although this recast is random AF given that Sorel is so closely identified with the part (though, with the pandemic, I can understand any hesitancy she would have with travelling, being on set etc.) I look forward to it. Linda is always watchable, so I am excited to see her onscreen again. 

• Members

Bingo! I'm all for it. Sorel likely isn't interested in anything long-term.

And just a reminder to Uncle Ronald, Stephen Schnetzer played Julie's brother for a hot minute in a stupid ass plot ... 

And damn, just think about this. Another World has been gone for 21 years. Damn. The cancellation remains fresh in my mind. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I will never forget just how good she was when she started killing Carly’s patients and then buried her alive.

I wonder if the audience had an easier time forgetting how bad her crimes were because Carly wasn’t around anymore as a reminder.  Because she was a murderer.

I think Dano has it in her to play more subdued, but not with Ron writing it.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I think Allison Sweeney had something to do with it. She hired Linda to do a Hallmark movie with her last year and they're apparently quite friendly. 

I do believe Linda lives in Connecticut, but she is originally from California, and given the pandemic, it might be a nice break for her.

• Members

If Louise Sorel was unable/willing to return and this is super short-term, I'd skip it if I were RC.  I love Linda Dano but this is Louise's role at this point, especially for visits.  But since this is happening, I'm curious af to see how this'll work out!  I think Dano could do something really interesting with this part.  I'm especially excited to see her opposite Lauren Koslow.

Needless to say, this has to be better than Robin Strasser's turn.  I LOVED her as Dorian but that was a hot ass mess!