Days: September 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Cool twist with Gwen/Abby.  I actually love Marci Miller and preferred her more classic long-suffering soap heroine Abby, but after Kate Mansi came back, I concede she's definitely the definitive Abby.  For like a million reasons, too.  But I am glad Abby is back; I think she's really needed on canvas.  MM was really good today, but this is kinda whip lashy . . . MM and KM really do bring such different energies to the character, and while MM excels at some things KM doesn't, KM really is such a dynamic performer . . . KM's Abby is unpredictable and scattered and really, really alive . . . MM just doesn't bring those qualities to the role, so this subdued, measured Abby is gonna take some getting used to again.  I did think she and Billy Flynn had great chemistry today, and it was fun to see how genuinely happy she and Missy were to see each other.  Also looking forward to seeing her more with Matt Ashford and, of course, Brandon Barash.

And on the subject of recasts, NuClaire is a let down, but she wasn't terrible today.  I feel like she's coming into her own, but I keep feeling like I'm watching one of those disappointing recasts that "Passions" became infamous for hiring.  lol.  I liked the cliffhanger with her and Tripp.  It's a shame this isn't with ORK.

I also liked the directing today.  Nothing super interesting, but it felt like we had a lot of wide angles and environment.  All around super strong episode.

• Members

Emily O Brien and Brandon Barash clearly have a lot of fun acting together; you can tell that they're each doing a bit of improv to keep the other on their toes, and it totally works.

Speaking of surprisingly great couples, I also loved Paul Telfer and Linsey Godfrey's scenes today, where they managed to spice up what would have been a pretty boring scene on paper (e.g. Xander broods about having to run Titan with Phillip). Although I wonder how they're going to film scenes like that now with social distancing rules in place. 

• Members

PT and LG are definitely leading man/woman material. They're fun together and I can't wait to see if Phillip stirs up any trouble for them.

As for social distancing, they've gone on the record in saying that there aren't going to be any blowup dolls lol hopefully they'll do what GH has been doing. I know a lot of people say that the actors are sitting or standing too close together but GH is clearly doing something right.