Days: September 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

But that was like 15 years ago. How is that relevant to the person Nicole is today? It seems hypocritical especially since Sam was just as terrible as Nicole was. And did she really have to use Jan, whom herself was psychotic and not all that credible. If that is the route Sami wanted to go, she could have used an actual victim of Nicole

• Members

Well, first she tried to show that Nicole murdered Deimos, but that was ruled inadmissible because her only evidence was the fact that Eric had once (stupidly) told her about it. So she had to go back even further in the past to make her case that Nicole was a murderer (or attempted murderer) and thus an unfit parent. And now she's blown up her relationships with both Belle and Eric, and it's glorious to watch. 

• Members

I had stopped watching Days back in early 2012 after being offended by the whole reboot mess and EJ and Sami sex over Johnny’s “death”, tuned back in 2014 for Sami’s final weeks, came for the 50th anniversary serial killer tale and watched until I was offended by Ciara’s rape. Also watched the Last Blast Reunion series out of nostalgia.

Now since hearing of return of Vivian peaked my interest, I started watching again and have been pleasantly entertained. Even though its not the best, I’m glad Days has mined its history a bit to tell its current stories, and yes I’m glad Sami is back in form. Even though I really enjoyed Safe back in the day it was a bit ridiculous to give them recycled old Roman & Marlena stories, which caused the Sami character to suffer an mild identity crisis.

• Members

I liked it a lot too. The Sami/Ej saga, the Maggie/Victor pairing, Alice’s memorial, I thought it was all great. Surprisingly it was written by Dena Higley. She must have had a really good co head writer back then, which she definitely didn’t have in her final stint in 2016-2017

• Members

Exactly. I think she was co-writing with Chris Whitesell, and Gary Tomlin was exec producing. I also liked that period a lot. I was searching for a new soap after GL got cancelled, and I thought Days was the strongest of the bunch at the time. 

• Members

That's funny, because new-Claire's acting choices were bugging the hell out of me today. I tried to give her a chance, but I think the new actress just isn't working in the role. She's giving such a generic, personality-free performance that it feels like she wandered over from the set of Y&R by mistake.