Days: September 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

I hope Jan is used effectively this time and doesn't just become another psychopath for Salem. I always thought the actress had potential and it was squandered a lot. I really don't get the obsession with unhinged women.

Also I have to say, that's gonna be a big HELL NO on Baby Bo Weston. Didn't really see the point of Ciara dreaming about the life she could have with Ben. Actors are always talking about scenes being cut for time; all those scenes could have been cut.

Idk what happened to them. The flashbacks reminded me of how good Will and Sonny's storyline was for the first few years. I thought it was good under Ron for a while too. But after Paul, and even Leo too were written out, it was like Ron wasn't interested in writing for them anymore. Or Corday or Alarr lost interest in them and vetoed any kind of long running story for them.

Sad to see them go though. Now that Chandler's leaving L.A too, I guess it'll be a while before they come back, if they come back at all.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have to say I've been binging the show the last two days, and Days really is firing on all cylinders right now. I haven't enjoyed it this much in months. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sami was ABSOLUTELY the spark the show needed.

I would love to see John and Marlena's hospital bills. They're literally in there for weeks at a time every two months.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

I wanted to also add that Sami in town without EJ, has proven what a noose around her neck that pairing was. She finally feels like Sami for the first time since Sami found about EJ and Abby's affair.

Good god I could not dislike Nu-Claire more if I tried. And of course they brrought her out to prop Ben.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members
.@ali_sweeney It was my absolute pleasure to work with and learn from you. You're the best onscreen mother a guy could wish for and a genuinely amazing human being.

XTB5370I_normal.jpg

Alison Sweeney

@Ali_Sweeney
I’ve been so lucky to get to work with @ChandlerMassey over the years nbcdays . Chandler, you’re smart, funny, charming and supportive. You bring all that empathy and energy to every scene and I just can’t begin to… instagram.com/p/CEmjhSAHxgC/

• Members

I can't say that I actually enjoyed those Ciara dream sequences. But I did appreciate what the show was going for there. For the Cin fans, this was an opportunity to see some of their fanfic play out onscreen. And for the rest of us, it was like the show was saying, "See the years of schmoopy nonsense we just saved you from?"

• Members

Tremendously smart decision giving Vincent a reason as to why he wants revenge against Ben. I was hoping that storyline would go in that direction and I couldn't be happier that it did. 

Did anyone else burst out laughing when Marlena, another one of Ben's cheerleaders, condemned Jan and said that she belongs in a hospital?

Ehh, I guess. Considering that VK is leaving, I guess that made some of their fans happy.

• Members

LOL at John and Marlena's hospital bills. It's so true, like every two months one of them holds a bed there. It's getting comical at this point but damn do Drake and Deidre SELL the hell out of it. It's nice to have a regime that seems to care and like Jarlena. And they're surrounded by family! FINALLY! It's great.

Sami is GREAT without that albatross EJ around her neck. Sami has been so in character to me and it's really fun to see.

I'm still catching up on the show but I am mostly current and I have to say the show has gotten a lot more watchable for me over the last two/three months.

I hope fall/winter doesn't suck. But DAYS ebbs and flows ...

I'm glad Sami and Lucas are sticking around. Of course it's going to be without Will. I swear, this show ... lol

I'm happy to see Jan Spears back. Clever way to weave her back in, IMO.

Also great to have Philip and Jay back. So nice. I'm over Xander and have no use for Sarah at this point, so they kind of water down his return a bit, but I do enjoy Philip vs. Xander, but I'd enjoy it more with original flavor Xander.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I haven't enjoyed the show this much in a LONG time. Ever since Sami came back, it's felt like DAYS again. Her pot stirring is sooo essential, and the show is often flat without her. They need to throw whatever money is left to keep her around.

Love the scenes with Sami and Lucas. So much history between those two characters.

Jan has been a hoot. So, I hope she sticks around, too.

• Members

OMFG the storage room/basement/whatever Vincent is holding Ciara in is clearly Hope/Rafe's house.  lolol.  I like the Vincent/Wendy twist, but it's frustrating that RC is finally spotlighting the necktie killer stuff . . . but . . . it's like it's almost being used to make Ben sympathetic rather than have Ciara (and everyone!) realize it's bat$h!t that he's just been forgiven.

But I've just been loving the show for months now.  Sure I have gripes and there have been missed beats and opportunities, but the show has mostly been very enjoyable.  And usually the show goes through long periods where I find it nearly unwatchable.  However, even though they took a seriously wrong turn after their 2018 reunion, I was sad to see Wilson go . . . this isn't good for the show.  Will is one of the most important legacy characters, it was great having one of Justin & Adrienne's kids on, and they're SUCH an important couple.  Plus all their ties to almost everyone on the canvas in one way or another.  All their goodbye scenes were very touching, albeit brief.  I especially liked the Sonny/Victor scene--FS unsurprisingly played it not to my liking, but it was a lovely memorialization to Adrienne and Victor's relationship with her.  But all the other returns have been great and softens the blow of losing them and so many others.

• Members

Agreed!

I remember being kinda relieved when Sweeney left in 2014 but Sami is SO needed. The REAL Sami.

I love how easily Shelle and Philip have slid right back onto the canvas. Where they belong. And building Sami vs. Belle has been fun to watch. The Last Blast Reunion was a big hit, especially 'mainstream' so it makes sense they got the memo and are rightfully putting them where they belong.

Wonder what they do with Johnny? Guess he's daddy's boy off-screen? lol

And circling back, I have a feeling Ava/Tripp could be an Alarr thing with a mix of Ron (I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to pass up the opportunity for another back from the dead story and the chance to write for Tamara Braun). Corday also seems to have a hard-on for Rafe. I just don't get it. I feel like Corday would be spewing the same if it were, say, Bo. Rafe is a poor man's Bo replacement. I like Galen Gering but Rafe is a hard pass unless they start writing him better.

Edited by KMan101