Days: September 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Kristen needs those people to help her keep the human side going.  She used to have that with Jennifer..and now she has that with Lani.

Shame Hope is leaving..but the way the show has ruined her character to prop Rafe and Ben would led any rational person to quit once their contract is up.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

All these hypocrites are making me support Jan. Curious to see what’s going to happen if she joins forces with Xander to take down Philip.

It would be nice to see her out of Shawn and Belle’s orbit and into Xander and Sarah’s.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Set note: I wish they’d put a little more effort into the window treatment of the revolving sets. Not only are Kayla’s atrocious and Hope’s don’t match her ugly wallpaper, but many of them are too long and are bunched up and wrinkled on the floor - Kayla’s, the Kiriakis office, etc.   Someone take a pair of scissors to those and hem! 

• Members

I agree. I enjoyed Victor wanting to plug Ben. And I enjoyed Hope/Abe. Hope breaking down brought me right back to Zack. Sigh. I've wanted a break from Hope, but I will miss her. I just really miss that ... spark that Hope long-ago had. I guess Kristian plays her as hardened, which makes sense, but it's been hard to care about Hope these last several years. I will still miss her presence. It will add up over time.

I want to love Konefal's Ciara but they didn't appreciate what they had in her, IMO. It's hard to care when they didn't bother to actually develop Ciara away from Ben. They tried at times but did a terrible job. It's also hard to care that she's 'dead' because we all know she isn't LOL

I about died with Marlena's reaction to Faux Claire talking about Jan. And I loved Beemer's delivery of "Oh god not this again" when he walked in on Philip and Belle hugging.

Sami vs. Allie is everything too.

You can tell Corday has been sitting this one out.

I know they'll need to "pair Nicole" when Eric inevitably "dies" while away (you know Ron will ultimately do that, I'm not spoiling anything, LOL) and I fear it's Rafe. But I also randomly thought the other day they might do Rafe/Ava. Man, what a Higley wet-dream right there.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

NuMelinda seems alright. I just hope they don't turn her into an Eve in order to prop Kristen.

Kinda sad to see Eric go,  but something tells me he'll be back, either played by Greg Vaughn or a recast. I like how after everything that he and Sami have done to each other this past month, they still have that familial bond between them.

I don't care that bland Eric is going. I do like GV. But the writers never bothered to develop Eric's personality. I'm enjoying Allie giving Sami grieve. The Elani conflict feels so contrived. New Melinda wanting justice. For Kristen accidentally killing her dull daughter. Might be fun to watch.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I'm bummed to see Greg Vaughan go. He was underused at times but I don't think to the extent he felt. JMO. But he did play extra in the Days of Sarah Life for a while so I think he lost interest.  LOL. I don't blame him, we all did.

Eric is recastable. But I'd like to see Greg come back down the road. Arianne Zucker seemed 'done' in 2017 too but look at her now.

Eric was always sullen. I was re-watching Jensen's debut in 1997 and Eric was annoying and sullen. 

I think, actually, Tomsell did a better job with Eric from 2012-2014. 

But I agree to an extent they didn't develop him enough. Not to mention the ridiculous basically off-screen alcoholism storyline. Sigh. 

I really enjoy Allie and the actress is capable. She fits right in. And I love Allie's bond with Nicole. LOL. I was hoping for that to fall to Sydney but I'll take Allie basically being her mother's daughter. I like how Kate more or less pointed that out to Sami.

The show has been, mostly, pretty watchable and sometimes entertaining (but YMMV and I'll take what I can get at this point, sadly). I still want more going on but it's clear Corday has nothing to do with it.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I'm also not that sad to see Greg Vaughan go. I'd rather have Brandon Beemer and his pretty eyes filling the show's bland hunk quota. But I did really like his scene with Sami at the door today.

Sami: "You're really gonna leave without saying goodbye?"

Eric: "Yes, I was. But seeing you're here...Goodbye, Sami." [Shuts the door in her face]

• Members

Yeah, I did think that it might have been his ego talking when he described himself as a "glorified extra." I can't remember a time when Eric wasn't frontburner under Ron. I can see why he may have lost interest when Sarah was pregnant and passing off the baby as Xander's, but it was her secret, she had to be the primary player in it. I wish he had gone more in detail in that interview that he gave. 

I still think the show is in a good place though. It's by far the best soap on TV at the moment. 

What do you mean when you say Corday has nothing to do with it?

I'm glad he is. Shawn is needed on the canvas

• Members

I always liked GV but his Eric was horribly bland.  But Eric is kind of a bland character.  I really don't think GV was a glorified extra.  He had stories.  But Brady and Eric do generally fill the same quota on the show.  

I agree with everyone about Belle/Shawn D being needed.  I just wish Belle/Shawn were a little more exciting.  I know a lot of people like MM as Belle, but I always wished they found someone that had more spark as Belle after KS left.  <Insert Charity Rahmer joke here>

And I wish someone, anyone would name Allie's child.  Even if Sami names Elvis the 3rd for the time being lol.

AS/Sami looks great, but they continue to dress AZ/Nicole awful.  I am sad Sami is leaving town (even temporarily).  I love her brand of crazy and I want John to throw more cacti at her

• Members

Throw me into the group that love Greg Vaughan and his Eric Brady. He always had great chemistry with Arianne Zucker and has done fantastic work throughout his tenure on the show. I'll miss him. And superficially speaking, he is my favourite soap hunk of all time. I hope he returns one day.