Days: September 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

"DAYS" NOW AT FINAL WEEK OF EPISODES FULLY TAPED BEFORE PRODUCTION SHUTDOWN IN MARCH...

This coming Monday, October 5, is the last of the "Days" episodes fully completed taping before the show shut down production in March. The following two weeks of episodes (10/6-10/19) were partially completed in March and partially completed in September, so fans will start seeing the first socially-distant "Days" scenes taped start airing next week.

• Members

I hope so too. I think they're doing lots of testing so I'm guessing actors can be closer. I don't know though. Will be fun to see the episode that has stuff taped from before and after.

I liked Shawn and Victor finally interacting again. You could almost forget that Victor is Shawn's grandfather ...

And it feels *right* to have Shawn at the Salem PD. I'm so glad he's sticking around and Beemer is still taping. Too bad he's not on contract (of course he's not; neither is Madison, but Durant got one)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Everyone was released Nov. 28, 2019 for a two-month Thanksgiving/Christmas/NewYear break extending to the end of January 2020.  Filming resumed Feb. 3, 2020.

Wally Kurth had been on contract with Days for a limited period, but switched back to recurring. This seems to have been planned in advance and probably had nothing to do with anything else.  Days requests him to be on contract when they need him available all the time for an arc.  When that shorter contract period is complete, he returns to recurring status on Days and then can appear on both GH and Days.

• He began TAPING Days on contract during summer 2019 and concluded taping on contract during Feb 2020.. 
  • He began AIRING on contract March 3, 2020 and concluded airing on contract Sept 8, 2020. 
  • He returned to airing on recurring on Days on Sept 10, 2020. 

Wally's now front burner on GH but still recurring there. And continues to recur on Days.

Galen announced in January that he had been let go. I don't know when he finished taping.

Camila didn't come to an agreement with the show about the amount of her pay, so she was gone. Camila says she didn't return to taping at Days after the end of November 2019.

When the show resumed filming Feb. 3rd, Freddie says this happened: Freddie and Chandler were given a few scripts but didn't realize at first that they were being let go.  But then they saw in the scripts that their characters were leaving Salem. They filmed only those few episodes and then they were done.

ORK (Olivia Rose Keegan) - Claire - got offered an ongoing recurring role in the new series 

"High School Musical: The Musical: The Series".  HSMTMTS films in Utah, so she chose to leave Days. She was on recurring on Days anyhow, was never on contract; so that's not relevant to the contract status discussion. I'm bringing it up simply because she left just a few weeks before Galen, Camila, Freddie, and Chandler, so it's interesting but coincidental.

Isabel Durant came to Days to replace Olivia Rose Keegan as Claire.  ORK last aired Aug. 10 and Isabel's debut airdate was Aug. 12.  Isabel was recurring at first.

Quoting Jason47 from Sept 10th:
"Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip), Lucas Adams (Tripp), Emily O'Brien (Gwen), Lindsay Arnold (Allie) and Isabel Durant (Claire) were all upped to contract status today, per today's credits."

Greg Vaughan left of his own choice. He came back in February and continued working to finish his storyline.  In his final few episodes which aired in September, he was changed from contract to recurring.

Victoria Konefal returned to taping in February.  She seems to have finished taping in early March but sometimes things are filmed out of order, so I don't know exactly.  Whether she left on her own or was let go is another story -- and no time to debate that here.  And it doesn't matter, since the show seems to be saying she'd be welcomed back. Regardless of why she left, in her final few episodes which aired in mid-September, she was changed from contract to recurring.

To sum up:  those new contracts  (JKJ, L.Adams, EOB,  Lindsay Arnold, and Isabel) were credited Sept 10, and GV and VK were credited as dropped to recurring a few days later.   These September dates would have corresponded to filming dates that were a few weeks after the show returned from holiday break on Feb 3rd.   It's possible that these contract decisions were decided before they returned Feb 3rd --- but the credits weren't changed until a few weeks later.  Or maybe contract status was ironed out after they returned. I don't know.  Freddie, Galen, Camila, and Chandler were still showing in contract credits for a week after they stopped airing. At the same time, Wally was switched in the credits from contract to recurring, which was expected.

Days filmed from Feb 3rd through March 13th, 2020. 
Then the pandemic shutdown happened.
Because of the pandemic, actors were allowed to choose not to return, if they wished to not return.

This is a non-spoiler thread, so I'm mentioning only actor changes that have already aired.

There are a few more casting/contract/actor changes which would give away spoilers. So I won't mention them in this NonSpoiler thread.  Anyhow, these were changes that occurred during the pandemic break (between March 13 and August 31) - so they have nothing to do with your original question about who left because of the December-January break. 
If you are curious, I'll summarize behind the spoiler tag:

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by janea4old
(edited several times for clarity)

• Members

If I didn't know better, I'd say the show was heading towards a Ben/Hope coupling. As someone who got sick of Cin pretty quickly, it amuses me to imagine a future episode where a recast Ciara returns home to find her mother and her husband in bed together.