B&B July 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The show might as well just go for intentional camp at this point. I'll give them some tume to figure out what works and what doesn't, but that reunion was so over the top and the editing was dizzying and distracting. At least WE know what they're dealing with, but I imagine unaware grandma looking confused and wondering what has become of her "stories." Ha!

And are the writers getting paid by how many times they can they can add "Penny" in the script?

I'm guessing the scene with Ridge and Zoe was done by split screen/twin edit? I thought that worked well, but would probably take too much time to do too often.

• Members

It's just dumb.  The person to commit the crime is the first to go on in before the family is notified?  I didn't watch all week until Thursday or so...were there any police?  You just let this man walk in?  

• Members

At least back then Hunter Tylo and Sarah Buxton sold the hell out of that mess; not so much today with the actresses who play Flo and the doctor. 

This week has been such a terrible return, they really should have just done a small time jump instead of picking up status quo  with all this ludicrousness. 

• Members

You’re right, but you’ve also watched soaps long enough to know that this happens all the time. I just can’t get worked up about it.

I think so, and GOD, that girl is a terrible actress. She comes across as THE dumbest doctor in the history of television.

Soooooo overdone. I howled with laughter, actually. It’s total camp at this point, because it’s just ridiculous.

• Members

Ha! You're right. I just realized though that my comment didn't read the way I meant. There was an episode(s) this week where it seemed like Flo was referring to Penny by name in every single sentence while talking to her.

• Members

Because Flo is a Logan and Logan women are obviously the heroines of the show and they need to be forgiven...

I know about the restrictions and I'm very happy to have B&B back, but I agree that the Flo/Wyatt scene was way over the top. Their reunion lasted for like 2 minutes, way too long for Flo missing just one day. 16:9 ratio is not at all conducive to the classic scene cuts. The kissing seemed very awkward and unnaturally displayed though Bell assured that the differences wouldn't be visible. And why didn't Flo just think about taking her shoe off in the first place?