• Members

Besides, IIRC (and I do), we were given a a very detailed insider tip about MM and HK.  In fact, we were told it happened twice and the guy who played Fin was a witness to the 2nd assault.  

MM is getting desperate and frustrated because he's been out of work for a minute and his wacko stans haven't been able to bully anyone into giving him a job.  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Count me in as one who found Justin Hartley to be, just better, in general than Michael Muhney.  Maybe the horribly obnoxious writing for the character when Muhney was in the role had much to do with my perceptions but I honestly don't understand what the fuss about Muhney is about. Leaving aside, all the muck from the person off-screen/BTS sh*t.

• Members

Muhney is not without talent as an actor, but as you say: Hartley was significantly better in the role. I thought Chris Engen was too. Even Grossman is okay, and looks like he could be Victor's son.

Muhney is forgotten...but just not gone, LOL.

• Members

+1. Every single actor whose played Adam has been better than Muhney, one way or another. It is bizarre to me that he kicks this hornet's nest.

He's 45 - he was let go from Y&R when he was 38. It isn't as if a Hollywood career gets easier as actors age.

And he's now been out of the role longer than he was in it. To me, that is the clearest indicator that it's time to move on.

• Members

We'll never know the truth, but it's telling that HHK, who was quite limited in range back then, suddenly got a recurring role on a prime time CBS show (that turned into regular), but also received an open door to bounce between LIP and Y&R at her pleasure. 

To be fair, HHK certainly has developed into a far better actor and done the work, so it's not like she hasn't earned it. 

That arrangement can't be coincidental. At the same time, branding MM with certain adjectives and descriptors is absolutely wrong. So-called inside information should be considered false. If the alleged incident(s) happened, it would've come out through legitimate news sources, especially after MeToo. He's admitted he was very difficult to work with and since several other actors said the same thing, that's probably the best way to describe him. 

I think Y&R is committed to this Adam 'de-aging,' so he wouldn't even be considered if the role becomes available again. And since Sharon Case doesn't age, it's not an issue. LOL

• Members

We still don't know the identity of the prime time star who Les Moonves harassed and shoved his tongue down her throat and it's been damn near 40 years since it happened. CBS is quite effective at keeping abominable and unsavory acts hidden away.

Christian LeBlanc hasn't really been doing much in the role in ages but stays on, probably because he's (one of) the least problematic persons on that show.  It's no secret that CBS tends to favor white guys, so in some instances, the mitigating factor--the only way to get booted (if you're a white guy) may be due to egregious behavior. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Come on.  Something happened.  This is a show that let Bergman and Braeden continue after they had an actual fist fight in the building.  Backstage turmoil and fighting amongst the cast has at times been rampant there.  I can think of only two instances of a major star being fired on this show publicly for an “attitude” problem-

Muhney and Brenda Dickson, and according to her there were many extenuating circumstances.

I seem to recall cast members sending HK support on social media when the story started to make its way around the Internet.  And Braeden says he did not get him fired.

Whatever his issues are, they are keeping him from other soaps, Hallmark movies, guest spot gigs, etc.  These people must know something, because there are times when I have watched a Hallmark movie filled with nothing but washed up soap stars and they are not offering him parts.

• Members

He is a piece of work. First, I never cared for the character Adam and don’t like HHK as an actress either, but CBS is not required to confirm or deny the allegations. Any contract worker can be fired for any reason, so his power play is laughable if not disingenuous. It was, however, wrong for someone to leak to TMZ about the possible HHK allegations. I believe this happened because CBS received a lot of anger from his cult like fans on social media. Do I believe it is entirely false? Probably not. 

• Members

Both Eileen Davidson and MTS Tweeted something along the lines of what he had done was unforgivable and Tweeted support for HHK.

Neither of them had to do that and do it publicly. Muhney did something very wrong for that to happen, I don’t care what anyone says.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

With #metoo on her side Hunter King should put up or shut up.  And I’m not a fan of his but she needs to grow a pair of ovaries.  The rest of the cast needs to say the truth as well.  Otherwise they’re all liars.  

He’s gay and probably sleeping with someone