• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've always wondered why he was fired from Veronica Mars as well. Say what you will about the actor, but his character on VM was a great foil for the protagonists, and it was just weird that they axed Muhney without any reason being given to the public.

• Members

Muhney left the show early 2014; since the we’ve had a far more seasoned superior actor take over as well a far more competent and balanced newbie. He’s had plenty of time to make amends/come to terms with it and move on in his career or start his own websoap. 

From what I remember reading way back in ‘07 Muhney was exactly like sleazy Sheriff Don Lamb in real life on the set, maybe that’s why he played the role so well?

That reminds me whatever happened to Nelson Branco & Daniel Coleridge?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I find it surprising he would choose to bring this up again indeed but worth pointing out that in this very thread people are taking that one rumor as a given fact and call him a predator despite the fact there was never any accusation publicly made or even hinted at, that it was specifically denied by those who were supposed to be involved and that there is extensive interviews of other actors (not just EB but Jerry Douglas as well) who are quite harsh on him but explain his firing by his generally arrogant assholery on-set, which can't be accused to be favorable spin.
So considering he has done zero since he was fired, can't entirely blame him for being a bit bitter he can't shake that rumor off.

• Members

Could it just be that he was fired because of his [!@#$%^&*] behavior? He has said repeatedly it was not because of HK and while she has never refuted the rumor, which is also suspect, she never said it was true either. Why she chooses to remain silent knowing it's believed that he groped her is a mystery. I think none of  the actors really stood up for him because he was generally unliked on set. Maybe the guy is just frustrated that people keep accusing him of it years later when he knows he's innocent of this particular rumor. It has to be tough trying to find work when people keep throwing it in his face it's the reason he hasn't been able to find work.

• Members

Almost the entire Y&R cast, to a performer, tacitly supported Muhney's firing with public comments about either his dismissal or in support of Hunter King. Muhney has barely worked since. Based on that, you don't need a building schematic or a public accusation from a woman who would've been a very young victim to connect the dots and believe the allegations were true.

I do wonder if DC, etc. ever apologized for their 'just squash the beef and bring back Muhney!' stuff they were still pushing even a few years ago. Pepperidge Farm remembers.