Soaps Returning To Production

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nah, I think this was the appropriate thread to post that in, a new thread wasn't needed. 

A shame for the show but also look how effectively their test and trace strategy worked. The likelihood of there being a massive spread is low which will get the show back in production sooner.

Daytime has been a very big test case for television productions and I think they are doing a very good job. 

• Members

Days will potentially resume production later this week. I have verified that they are still dark today, regardless of what other websites are reporting. The Lauren Koslow photo was posted today, but not taken today. The report of Rob Wilson driving to the studio was also incorrect. His Instagram Story mentioned him being near (or driving to) Sony Pictures Studios, not Burbank Studios.

• Members

It's interesting, because the producers of black-ish had an interview the other day and they said that they (so far) had spent $600,000 on making their sets "co-vid safe"; of course some of those things they did were more or less "one time costs" such as improving ventilation, but a lot of that is inevitably running costs (such as cleaning the sets). It sort of makes me wonder how DAYS, being kept on air because they can keep the costs down, will inevitably handle the increasing costs. Maybe they'll just look at this as a temporary rise in production costs, on the other hand can they go back to producing it like pre-covid eventually?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

All I know is, while watching DAYS (and sampling GH), I don't see any awkward socially distant scenes. The only thing I've seen DAYS do differently is use even less extras in the background, and some kissing moments are cutaways right as they're about to lock lips.  Y&R and B&B still look odd after all these months.