Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought the idea had potential but the moment we had Billy & Phyllis on as “investigative journalists” and Amber doing a gossip column it was DOA. Didn’t they even try to launch a TV channel for Restless Style? Somewhere I saved all the Restless Style covers from 2008-2010 before they stopped doing them, haha I think I might have to dig them up now

Please register in order to view this content

That set was pretty awful with the really bizarre elevator/lift thing. I think it was a repurposed JT’s loft if I recall right. After Billy let  Restless Style fold in early 2013 it became Chelsea & Chloe’s fashion house for about a year until Chloe went berserk and their company went kaput that the show finally retired the set. 

• Members

Thanks so much. So Greg is the only main original character not to appear in the first two episodes.

Do you happen to know how long the episode went for? I am assuming 18min total, and about 4 min were probably cut.

ETA: Also do you know what was cut from the first episode. 

Edited by will81

• Members

It was fine as a residential set but it was strange as office space IMO. But yes, Brittany & Raul lived there too. I think if I recall right Kevin broke into JT’s and destroyed it or something so Raul let JT move. Brittany was pissed obviously as this was right after she found JT had slept with her mother. 

That’s too bad. The background score for the Hall scene would be used all they way up to 1993 at the latest. 

• Members

The music which I am talking about starts at about 1:57. Interesting it was in the very first episode and in Jess Walton’s first ep @YRfan23, haha the show had come along way from Barbara Anderson thinking Brad was dead to Jill & David scheming: 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

haha It's amazing they kept that music all the way into 1993!

Please register in order to view this content

maybe beyond on those rare occasions? 

I'm surprised they cut Hall's scenes at the end of the first episode...I'd figure they'd love to give her that royalty check. 

• Members

I've seen the  first two eps via somebody's Canadian posting.  A few impressions...  A little rough around the edges (as the show generally was in the early '70s), but was fun to see.  I had never seen the Brooks Family kitchen before, and was surprised they spent so much time in it in ep. 2.  It was nice seeing the first scenes in both the Brooks and Foster homes.  Also nice to hear the classic music cues playing.  There weren't many, but still nice.  A few of them were variations I may have never heard before.  There were many variations that were produced of established music cues which never made it to the early soundtrack record that most of us are familiar with.

Edited by trainman

• Members

Haha I was amazed they did keep it so long considering how 70’s it sounds, especially in that 1987 clip of Jill & David. I was a bit stunned to hear it in one of those ‘93 episodes(can’t remember which one but it was  around the time Katherine was trying to expose Jill’s pregnancy might). At least Liz’s Theme, Love is Gone theme, and the Genona City Theme had been remastered to fit into the late 80’s & early 90’s seamlessly 

• Members

I was surprised to see Peggy in ep 2. For some reason I thought she was introduced a little later - a few weeks in.

So basically for the first year or so Peggy, Jill and Greg were supporting characters.

Bill Bell was smart to hold them back before giving them stories .

Jill's first scene with Snapper has her complaining of cramps- what an intro! She says she hates being a woman (referring to period pain). Seems a little out there for 1973.

Liked the contrast b/w the middle class Brooks and poor Fosters.

Snapper,Jill and Liz all worn out from work and study. Jill was in a sloppy dressing gown.

Meanwhile Jennifer Brooks is perfectly groomed and preparing a hearty meal for her darling daughters. Surprised they ate in the kitchen. Surely a house that size would have a separate eating area for dinner.(Maybe they only used it for special occasions)

When did the Brooks house gain that wild ziggy-zag wallpaper in the stairway area? Not there at first.