Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

I'm thinking that we'll get a minimum of six weeks of classic episodes considering the time it will take to get the episodes shot, edited, and aired... It could be much longer.  I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it takes more than 6 weeks for them to even start shooting. Or more.

I hope the ratings stay high because this is the best chance we'll have to show there's a market for this. I'm probably going to rewatch all the episodes on CBS.com too to show support.

What do you think will be the other theme weeks? What might we see?

Week 1: Katherine the Great

Week 2: Victor and Nikki - or ideally, one separate week for each one, so we can get episodes that don't involve them as a couple. 

Episodes I'd like to see: Victor holding Michael in the dungeon, Victor getting harpooned, Nikki as a stripper, Nikki killing her father, Victor pretending to be a servant when Nikki first visits the ranch, Victor taking Jabot from the Abbots for the first time

Episodes we're likely to see: Nikki & Victor's wedding after she's shot by Veronica, Victor getting carjacked and meeting Hope/Victor returning from the dead, Adam being born or Adam as a child

Week 3: The Abbotts

Episodes I'd like to see: Ashley's abortion confrontation with Victor, Traci and Lauren fueding, anything with Terry Lester (I know, it won't happen), Jack holding the baby who got his baby's heart, Dina's first interactions with her children in Genoa City

Episodes we're likely to see: John's death, Jack & Phyllis' wedding

Week 4: The Younger Newmans

Nick and his lovers will probably be heavily featured. Amelia Heine has been on a long time but I can't think of much I would expect to see that doesn't involve Billy Miller, and they won't do that. The current Adam is too new, otherwise this would be an all Adam week knowing the show.

Episodes I'd like to see: Nick's Crimson Lights fight with Matt Clark, Nick in jail, anything with Heather Tom (it won't happen), Adam and Heather taking over the Ranch while Victor was in Mexico to kill Sabrina's hitman

Episodes we're likely to see: Various episodes of Nick proposing to, making love to, and marrying Sharon and Michelle Stafford's Phyllis...

Week 5: The Barber/Winters

I wouldn't have guessed this, but Neil and Drucilla being featured in the second classic episodes give me hope, and Shemar is very popular and might be willing to do commentary

Episodes I'd like to see: Olivia realizing Keesha is Nathan's lover, any Olivia/Keesha or Dru/Keesha confrontation, Neil and Dru meet and go on their first date, Lillie Belle saying she wished Dru was in the hospital almost dying instead of Olivia (I think this was Nate's birth)

Episodes we're likely to see: Neil & Dru's wedding, birth of Lily, one of Malcolm's returns, Devon's adoption, episodes with young Christel Khalil and Daniel on the run.

Week 6: The Crazy Baldwin/Fisher men 

Episodes I'd like to see: Michael breaking through Christine's wall (but also some of the episodes showing Michael harassing her), Kevin revealing he is Michael's brother, Kevin getting beat up in jail, Kevin burning down Gina's

Episodes we're likely to see: Michael/Lauren stuff, Kevin/Chloe stuff to balance it out

Other possibilities the longer it goes on:

Christine's Trials & Tribulations

Villains (David Kimball, Sheila, etc. Sheila really deserves her own week).

Paul's Heroic Deeds

Lauren Fenmore

Business Plots (doubtful)

Greatest Weddings

Best Location shoots

Edit: Re-reading this and being a bit pessimistic when it comes to what I think we'll see (leaning towards more modern stuff and the current cast)... hoping to be proven wrong. So far the choices have been great. I'd never have thought they'd show that March 1993 episode.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love this idea! I'd also add in a "Best of  Jill" week, or maybe "rivals week" and maybe we would get the best of Jill vs Kay, Lauren Vs Sheila, Nikki Vs Diane. etc...it wouldn't have to be catfights necessarily, but maybe specific episodes that poinpont key moments in their rivalry.

• Webmaster

What's great about this type of programming planning is that the shows would be able to easily transition to a streaming platform for binge purposes if they edit enough product. Under normal circumstances, no one would have time to do this but considering how many jobs are on the line the longer the shows are out of production this will at least curtail job losses for the time being.

Meanwhile, "GH" continues staying in 2018. What they are airing next is beyond...

• Members

They really should do a "Jill and Katherine" week. I'd love to think they would should 70's/80's stuff with Brenda Dickson but I feel like it would be all of Jess Walton, which is fine, depending they play the right episodes.

I'd show:
1.) Jill revealing she payed Rex to date Katherine, and showing her all the receipts she had payed for Rex.(1988)

2.) The brief catfight they had before Phillip and Nina's wedding. (1989)

3.) Katherine busting Jill in front of Rex and John during her (Jill's) engagement part for John (1990)

4.) The Courtroom Catfight (1995)

5.) Jill humiliating Katherine at her party and revealing Phillip left her everything (1998)

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Love these - especially since these eps aren't already online

Please register in order to view this content

I would add the 1989 ep when Katherine betrays Jill by admitting on the witness stand that Nina should inherit Phillips estate. And the 1990 ep where Katherine interrupts Jill and Rex's wedding to reveal that Rex and Katherine are still married.

• Members

Yes! good ideas for all! I doubt they will be that clever though. We will most likely end up getting 2000's stuff like Katherine and Jill's reactions to finding out their "related" The hose fight and of course the infamous cat fight...

• Members

B&B doesnt seem to understand the concept of "vintage" episode. Episodes from just a few years ago are not vintage

That's why soap fans need to write their own soaps to keep the genre going, if you have the talent and interest in writing one. I write my own original soap and I publish it in book series. More and more people will hopefully do this if soaps continue to go downhill or disappear all together

Did Ron Moss leave on bad terms?

I think that a week of the popular weddings would be GREAT!

• Members

"And the man is magic, isn't he? The way he talks, the way he acts, the way he makes you believe in him, THE WAY HE MAKES YOU CARE ABOUT HIM!" - I would pay good money to see that scene again. I feel that's what Jess came into her own as Jill and never looked back.

They NEED to do a Best of Jill week. I'd throw in these classics:

1. Phillip dies (1989): "This is your fault. It's always been your fault. First, the father and now, the son!"

2. Jill vs. Mamie (1996): "You mean the bitch, don't you?"

3. Jill vs Kay in the attic (1998)

4. Jill sleeps with Victor (1990)

5. Jill runs to stop Mackenzie and Billy's wedding (2003)

• Members

LOL You remembered all that??

Please register in order to view this content

amazing!! I feel like it's one of the first times Jill truly got one over on Katherine too, so funny that only happen after Brenda left.

Those choices you have would be amazing to see too!

I would choose  better shows, but I feel like CBS would already have this week mapped out for sure, here's what they'd probably pick:

1.) Victor and Jack's first episode together with PB in the role (1989)

2.) Victor collapses and Jack walks out (1992)

3.) Jack confronting Victor about causing his and Nikki's baby's death, Victor knocks him out (1993)

4.) I WILL CRUSH YOU!!!! (1999)

5.) Have a seat!!...ON ME!!! (2005)