Days:September 2019 discussion topic

• Members

What the Kassie DePaiva... fall back, sir.

You know, if y'all are craving sexy gay guys, there are MUCH better options than Days of Our Lives. I've never really been excited by ANY romantic soap couple, *couples* aren't my thing (unless we're talking Viki and Dorian), so I'm used to being bored. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was thinking the same thing and was going to post it. I could appear in church right beside Chandler Massey and Will says.....Paul you have a hair out of place...here is a mirror and a comb......I look at myself in the mirror and presto!

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Don't put anything past that man, Carl!

In more ways than one! 

OLTL needed to BURN for thinking they could ever recast Blair with a non-Asian!  Talk about a whitewash!

IDC if you could pass for Robert Redford.  Paul was Asian, played by someone with Asian heritage.  It's bad enough Asians get even less representation than African-Americans on soaps.  Let's not even joke about taking away one of the few opportunities they have.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I'm sure this has been posted but I've been away and catching up.

And yep Strasser seemed to have enjoyed herself and is more than willing to return. If Louise Sorel is done then I'm happy with Robin. Of course if OLTL is rebooted ... (I can't stand that Burke woman constantly teasing it)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I've dove back into DAYS for the mask reveal and to see how RS fares as Vivian. I am surprised at how bad Robin is, how un-Vivian she is, how badly she's being lit and how tragic those shake 'n' go wigs are. 

Louise Sorel apparently said on her Facebook page that she was given 1 week's notice to come to Los Angeles to shoot and that she couldn't make it work, which is almost like they didn't want her to film...

• Members

Ouch, 1 week notice? Seems fishy, I agree they maybe didn't want her. (Though, to be fair, there seemed to be a quick shift around this time in filming so maybe it really was quickly thrown together? I know some things were scrapped). At least Louise was called and she didn't necessarily balk at returning (right?) so there's that ... has she said anything about her friend Robin as the recast?

I'm OK with Robin as Vivian (and trust me, I ADORE Sorel as Vivian, I'd always want her back, hands down but I adore Strasser too and it kind of is what it is at this point I guess). She seems a bit shaky and slightly rusty though.

Guess I'm just glad to see Strasser so maybe I'm being less critical but I don't really agree with all the negativity surrounding her performances. She's not going to parody Louise's Vivian so she's doing her take. Whether some like that take on it ... or not ... lol

Edited by KMan101

• Members

For sure - I don't begrudge Strasser the work. I think she was great for much of her OLTL run, and when she dabbled in primetime I think she was really good...but I think she's a bad fit for Vivian. The character is so connected to Louise Sorel that I think recasting is a bad idea, especially when it seems as if DAYS (or just Ron...) wanted to shut her out by making a return impossible. This recast reminds me of when Beverly Todd stepped in for Tanya Boyd as Celeste - the essence of the character disappeared in someone else's hands.

Edited by DaytimeFan