Days:September 2019 discussion topic

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Robin Strasser really played Dorian over the top on OLTL's later years and I feel like she's using that method here except it seems more restrained because Vivian is supposed to be nuts so it doesn't seem that over the top. I think she is doing a good job at being a villain but not making it too ridiculous.

• Members

Watch two episodes of DAYS and your question is answered. It is redressed for everything from offices to hospital waiting rooms to motel rooms.  They'll probably doll it up as "Italy" for Doug & Julie's next European trip... 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I adore Robin Strasser, but I don't think Vivian is a right fit. I don't even know why I'm compelled to post this, "If you don't have anything nice..." I'm not trying to be unkind. But if Louise is unavailable the next go-round, I hope Marj Dusay gets another stab at it.

• Members

I thought I was the only one that wasn’t feeling Strasser. I am getting such much backlash in a Facebook group for not liking this recast. “She is THE Robin Strasser!” “She played Dorian Lord for years!!” Umm ok, Dorian was awful in OLTL latter years.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Because she's playing her like Dorian in OLTL's final years. I'm not feeling her either. It's not the first time an iconic soap actor has been hired as a recast only to turn the character they're playing now into the character that they previously played and it definitely won't be the last. 

If Ron or Ken wanted her on Days, they should've just created another web series and called it "Dorian Lord in Salem"

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Eh. To each their own.

I like Ron mines history and pays homage to it. Not everyone's cup of tea, I understand.

At least things are happening. At least for the last month and a half we've had almost daily cliffhangers.

Yeah.

It was just a driveby.

Much like Xander and Stacy's Kristen did and then they ended up on contract .... so my guess is this was to deal with Vivian being alive, send Stefan out and see how folks react to Robin as Vivian.

Unless OLTL gets rebooted ASAP I imagine Robin will be back as Vivian. I imagine Brandon Barash is already probably coming back as Stefan or his twin.

I disagree.

I see plenty of Vivian in her.

And she's Louise's friend. It was the right move to have Robin take over. If Louise can't or won't, why should Vivian be forgotten? We have tons of soap vets out of work. I'm all for this.

But yes, Louise is iconic as Vivian. No one can truly replace her just like no one can truly replace Eileen as Kristen, but I'll be damned if Stacy isn't doing a hell of a job. Kristen's a bit more psycho and crazy than I'd like, but she's doing a good job. I much prefer her Susan, though.

I really think some of you go out of your way to find things to bitch about.

Edited by KMan101