Days:September 2019 discussion topic

• Members

That's how a lot of straight men kiss each other when they play gay characters. 

Guy Wilson tried much harder in kissing scenes and didn't spend all these moments looking like he wanted to vomit - why do I have a feeling those same fans are the ones who relentlessly trashed him and were thrilled when he was fired?

If you want your jerkoff fantasy, sometimes you have to have tradeoffs. In Massey's case, this is one of them.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have no idea. 

There are actors, if they try and they want to, and if the project is important enough to them. On SNL, for example, Bill Hader kissed about 10 different men with the usual awkward closed mouth. When he was cast in an arthouse movie, where that would be jeered off the screen, suddenly he was kissing another man very tenderly and lovingly. 

Nobody at DAYS gives a damn, so this is what we get. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The only passionate gay love scene I can recall on DAYS was the very first time Paul and Will (Guy Wilson) hooked up. Paul was closeted and all horned up while  Will was finally putting his hands on a firm body that wasn’t made of silly putty. 

Knowing DAYS, they’ll rehire Guy Wilson as one of Justin and Adrienne’s other sons and Will and Will can do each other. Never Been Done Before! 

• Members

Sad but true...

Please register in order to view this content

I'm very naive when it comes to all of this, but I never felt like there was anything wrong with straight men  finding other guys attractive to the point if they are acting , they would be able to pull off love scenes....same goes for women

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

First..I went back to look at kisses between Chandler and Christopher on Days and it's on the lips. It must be a Freddie Smith thing then.

And it looks like YouTube yanked the steamy Will and Paul romp scenes. Thus is the best that I could find after the editing they did.

• Members

Perhaps because of the situation at the time... Will was this inexperienced insecure newbie gay fresh from the closet looking for a guiding hand to show him the ropes, and Sonny had supposedly traveled the world and had previous experiences. When it was originally presented, Sonny was portrayed as being a few years older than Will. 

Will would've been better suited with a daddy type, like EJ 

Please register in order to view this content

Now THAT is the Never Been Done Before story DAYS could've explored. A bi love triangle with the bi guy (EJ) being fought over by mother and son.  Now that's some trashy soap craziness that Carlivati might've done had he been writer at the time. 

• Members

Could be, but usually over time people become better actors, develop stronger chemistry with their scene partners. It seems to be going the opposite way for Chandler and Freddie.

A Sami/EJ/Will triangle would have been, not only groundbreaking but great to see, but I would rather have wanted to see it as a more serious, dramatic story rather than a campy, trashy one. All it would have taken was the right writer.

• Members

Oh, I would have been there just for Sami catching EJ and Will in bed together.  But, I probably would've wanted Will to shoot and possibly kill EJ over something or other, and have Sami take the rap for her son.

Edited by Khan