Days:September 2019 discussion topic

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I completely agree with you. It’s laughable to say that a lot of straight guys kiss this way when they play gay characters. That is just not true. Any self-respecting show would have directed them to kiss like real people kiss or fire them.

GH is a mess, but have you noticed Lucas and Brad kiss? It looks real, and passionate. They show affection to each other with subtle, meaningful touches.  Will and Sonny? There’s nothing. They may as well be strangers.

• Members

Cranes is rumored to be gay, but Parry Shen, who plays Brad is straight. Regardless, they’re ACTORS. It shouldn’t require two gay actors to play a gay couple realistically.

The problem lies with Chandler Massey and Freddie Smith —. and a directing and production team that allows them to get away with crap.

• Members

Oh come on, it works for Shawn Mendes and Camilla Cabello, why not them? 

Please register in order to view this content

But in all seriousness, I am pretty sure the intention was to "go there" with Will and EJ, but it was probably part of the interference Marlene McPhereson went on about when she left in 2012. Can't have your leading man kissing boys, you know!

• Members

Mmm, I love photos of cake. 

Please register in order to view this content

I don't care if the actor is gay or straight in real life as long as they can convincingly sell what they're selling. Gay actors have played straight roles on TV and film for decades, and viewers were none the wiser. I never would've thought Paul Anthony Stewart's Danny Santos was gay because he sold it with Bethenny Joy Lenz (or whatever her name is now). Hell, millions of women would gladly throw their panties at Tony Geary in the early 80's. 

• Members

It should've considering how much Will loathed Sami at that time. @DRW50 reminded us how many times Will called he a whore...lol.

Lol about Shawn. The rumors are out there about him. 

I'd love to hear MM if she had planned a Will/EJ pairing or not.

pics was a spell check error.....PAS was is cute but I doubt women would be throwing their undies at TG....ewww

• Members

I don't think there ever would have been a plan to have EJ and Will sleep together. EJ was one of the show's main leading men. I feel like they mostly just saw Will's sexuality as something to pay lip service to, rather than some bold story choice that was stomped out by Corday and/or Sony and NBC.

• Members

I suppose not officially, no. The only things that lead me to believe they were heading that way was down to how CM and JS played off each other during Marlene McPhereson's tenure, plus her run at AMC which was far more daring, what with the sex trafficking story and whatnot. I recall her wanting to push DAYS in this direction of being more daring, and modern, but it never showed on screen, presumably due to the interference.

But of course, it's purely speculation on my end, and Corday, of course, wants to take exactly zero risks with the show, lest he offend the cranky old hens who complain in all caps on Facebook about "smut on their screens". 

Edited by beebs