Y&R September 2019 Episode Discussion

• Members

I dont think he should be fired IMO. Just give him a co writer becuse i dont think a new writer will do anything. People will complain and the cycle continues. CBS and Sony chose to hire Griffith a third time. Do somthing to improve him. Give him a co head writer or two. Tell Tony morina to give more input.  

Edited by AdamNewmanFan

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Griffith has had multiple chances at this show - the fact he's been fired twice already should have been enough for them to NOT want to hire him again. Ratings are in the gutter and the lowest they've ever been. It's only a matter of time before CBS/Sony hold him accountable for that (possibly Morina too)

Griffith doesn't want a Co-HW and hasn't functioned well with one since Malone at OLTL (and even that I found problematic). A Co-HW won't fix something when a bad apple that's failed MULTIPLE times already at the same show is allowed to linger on.

People will always complain, but Y&R hasn't sinked this low in the ratings in a long time. Something is not clicking here and the audience is not coming back. Something needs to be done pronto, and they have to start with ridding the show of Griffith, and Morina too if I can help it.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

More power to you ANF - I think the show is the most boring it's ever been, and the ratings under Griffith are highly problematic. Given Y&R's record with firing writers when the ratings get this bad, I just don't see him lasting much longer and expect him to get fired (again) very soon. 

Separately, I do like Mark Grossman, but I feel like they're running that poor man into the ground already. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Adam has eaten the show - that's what I saw anyway, but they can keep going with him if they want.  I won't come back now.  They had him on way too much and honestly I don't see all the charm everyone else is seeing in the actor.  I just don't see it.  I felt like when watching him he was a close talker and always up in everyone's face.  But anyway, I have no desire to see Adam so there's no reason to watch Y&R if you don't like the character.  I flipped from the US Open yesterday and saw something about Chloe and Kevin having drugged and kidnapped Billy?  I was like - no desire to see that...back the to US Open.  It just made no sense to me but that is the only minute in several weeks that I have seen so maybe it makes sense to people who have been watching.