Y&R September 2019 Episode Discussion

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agree 

Please register in order to view this content

I wonder if the Victor illness is written to accommodate some real life issues EB may be experiencing. He is always seated and on Mon ep, is briefly shown walking and seems unsteady (although this could be Victor's illness). I remember at one point last year he was literally reading his lines in some eps and then he had that long leave...

Not trying to stir things up, but just wondering...

• Members

Yeah, I’m fine with Theo and Zoe, too. The problem is a couple like [!@#$%^&*], not Theo and Zoe. 

Btw, The Grand Phoenix just isn’t grand enough. That’s their main lobby? Sorry, not big enough and not expensive looking at all. And the pool table? Please.

• Members

I don't like Zoe. Those scenes of her watching everyone at the party with that annoying looking expression on her face, do not work for me. I don't find her or her desperate need to be noticed interesting. IMO, she comes across as an immature loser and her character is a waste of a part of the budget and a role. And I think she seems out of place with other characters on the show, including the 20 something set.

I did find it funny when Lola asked Nate to help with a medical emergency and he goes he couldn't help but the could get his bag. The way that Sean Dominic said that made me laugh. 

And on the bright side I have liked the way that a lot of the women on the show have been dressing lately. I think that Michelle Stafford has been looking good lately and I've been liking her outfits. Nikki looked good on yesterday's episode. I also like the dress that Sharon is wearing at the opening of the hotel, along with Mariah's dress and Elena's dress. Elena's dress is my favorite dress of all of the ones the ladies are wearing. 

• Members

It sounds like the new designer David Zyla has taken over already. In this article from soapcentral, he says that his outfits will start to really appear this week at the Grand Phoenix opening. I did like several of the dresses on the ladies at this event and on the show so far this week:

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/news/2019/0905-david_zyla_costume_designer.php

This article also says he was a costume designer on All My Children in the 2000's and won an Emmy as a costume designer in 2010. I always thought that the ladies in the 2000's, especially during the last years of the show like (2005 and up) often looked very good. I always thought that AMC had the best looking cast on Daytime/one of the best dressed during those years. I am interested in seeing what type of other outfits the ladies on Y&R will wear now that David has taken over.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I hope he puts the men in some nice looking outfits as well. Right now I really like how Nate dresses. Hopefully he will continue to wear nice looking suits.  I also like some of the colorful suits that Kyle was wearing when he first came on. I don't if his designs were showing up last week but I did like Kyle in this suit. It wasn't colorful, but I thought he looked good in it. And it was the best I have seen Kyle look in a bit: