Y&R September 2019 Episode Discussion

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It was not bad as that tweet is suggesting. Theo told Tessa she was talented and beautiful after he brought up that she should be athe main act on a tour. Tessa then jumped the the conclusion he was hitting on her and said she was gay. Theo then said he didn't believe in label, admitted that he was hitting on her. And flirted with her. Theo was being flirty more than anything and may have been trying to butter up her to one up Mariah. He did not say he wanted to change her.

The show seems to be all over the place when it comes to Theo and his motivations for doing things. I'm not sure what exactly he's trying to do with Tessa/Mariah, but I believe he may be trying to undermine/get over on Mariah to take her position in Powers Communications. I'm not even sure he really wants Tessa like that. He' has never hit on her or shown romantic interest in her prior to today's show. He's actually been all about Summer (romantically) in spite of his antics. 

I don't like the writing for him right now and once again the show is messing up the writing for a male character in that mid 20's to early 30's set. This show needs more viable male characters in that group, but for some reason they keep messing over men in that group. (Noah, Fen, Theo). Theo should not have been used mostly as angst for Lola and now doing whatever they are trying to do with him Tessa/Mariah. Which will probably not end up amounting to much. This could also be an attempt to give Tessa/Mariah another story but IMO, it will fall flat. Just like the story with Ana did. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Yeah, I actually thought that Tessa jumped to conclusion a little by suggesting he was hitting on her, after he complimented her. Now granted he did say he was attacted to her/mentioned he was hitting on her. However, his initial comment about her being beautiful and talented was not inappropriate. And I don't think he would have even mentioned or confirmed hitting on her had she not brought it up. I think he's trying to undermine Mariah and maybe trying to use Tessa in whatever plan he has for Mariah regarding Power Communications. He already broached the subject of Tessa's career a few days ago with Mariah, when he asked about it. And Mariah mentioned she was exclusively managing Tessa's career. I think that Theo mainly wants to try and remove Mariah from running Power and take over. That's why he's interacting with Tessa, trying to get a role in managing her career.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I think this may not end too well for Theo. I don't know if they will make a him a bad guy or just have him do a bunch of random stuff. Until they ultimately write him off. They really should have just kept Ana and had him do the mentor storyline with her. Instead of throwing him in this storyline with Tessa/Mariah that's going to probably be lopsided in their favor. 

I think that Theo had potential and they should have written him differently. But they used him for boring Kyle/Lola angst. And now they are throwing him into a storyline with Mariah/Tessa, when they IMO, they should have just kept Ana for him to interact with. I would have rather watched an Ana/Theo storyline and/or an Ana/Theo/Summer triangle than this stuff with Mariah/Tessa. They are wasting yet another young man on this story.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Mal had his faults including that super long boring, JT storyline. But IMO, he wrote the young people (with an exception being Summer) way better than Josh is doing. Underneath Mal of the young people were actually interesting and viable, including the young men. Josh is writing this young set very poorly. Lola actually got even worse underneath Josh and the young men are not written well.