GH: Actor Pens Goodbye Letter

• Members

Once upon a time, Roger Howarth seemed to give a damn about his performances as an actor.  Then, somewhere along the way, he fell back on his now-familiar tics and left the real acting at the curb.  It's really shameful when you think about it.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I guess, for him, the distinction is that Todd's actions were treated less romantically by Michael Malone and Josh Griffith -- at least in the beginning -- than GH has treated Franco's.  He had issues with women romanticizing Todd because Todd, unlike many rapists on daytime, wasn't supposed to be as a romantic hero whose crimes are purposefully glossed over by TPTB.

Again, though, I think that's where he's made the difference and why he doesn't (as you say) GAF about Franco or how he's been received by GH's audience.

• Members

It really is. Pisses me off too.

But I also never seemed to despise Kelly Monaco either and now I want her smug bored face off my screen as well. Was she always this bad way back on Port Charles? I know I never wanted her on GH and 16 years later she's still cashing a check while thinking about pizza. Yeah, she's been on GH I believe 15 or 16 years at this point, plus three or so years on PC. LORD.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

She was much more appealing as Livvie.  And more invested.

I have never enjoyed her as Sam.  Even when she went bad and slept with Ric and plotted against Liz.

You can absolutely tell when she is not invested.  And even when she is, she plays Sam like a spoiled brat.  I think she intends it to be brooding and melancholy but instead it has always come across as bored and petulant.  Vanessa Marcil treads similar ground as Brenda, but is capable of pulling it off and keeping you rooting for her.