Y&R: Traci & Cane...Really??!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IF Goddard had any influence in aborting the Cane/Traci story then whoever allowed him to dictate story should be fired. Tony and Josh should have had the balls to stand up to him and remind him that he is an actor. His job is to act out the script, not dictate story. This is one of the many many many reasons why soaps are dying. Its hard to watch the slow death of a genre.

• Members

This!  I'll add, not even on paper does Cane/Traci make sense.  Cane is a well established white male who would not look at Traci twice (let's be honest). If Cane were still a con man, he would have a legit reason to be into Traci.  Super happy the farce is over and the next step is to get rid of Cane.  He's simply not needed on the show at this time.  Why TIIC tripping over themselves to keep Goddard employed is truly mind boggling. 

• Members

Goddard has outlived his usefulness, especially since he doesn’t want to play shady, or apparently a storyline with Traci that is romantic.  So his last two major attempts at relevancy outside of Lilly.  Who is not on the show.

I hope TPTB recognize an audience exists for Traci and they give her story going forward.  Give her Goddard’s contract and write her into something great.

• Members

Beth Maitland is 61. Daniel Goddard is 48. Christel Khalil is 31 and has officially left the show. Do the math! 

Cane and Traci are cute, although the B&W crime noir stuff has been very cheesy. Otherwise I'm fine with it. If Goddard isn't, then just QUIT. Actually, now that DG is on EB's bad side and is now without any practical story, I'd say DG and Cane are pretty much toast. Look for Cane to exit stage left like Stitch did with his suddenly incontinent son Max a few years ago.

One question though, what happened to Traci's marriage to Steve? I remember Traci boarding with Abby for a minute but don't recall an official divorce. 

I agree!

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

If all these  young and youngish women can want Jack and victor then Cane can want Tracy.  He's always been a user and a con anyway. I've put every relationship he's had down to that anyway.  

That same story they are telling with Cane wouod be even better with Jett. She can get a daughter and niece to play mother figure to out of the deal. 

As for cane going forward, I'm surprised they didnt pair him with Abby. 

Edited by ajsp35801