Y&R: Traci & Cane...Really??!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I mean, I find subtweeting with a picture of Lily and the kids and asking if folks miss that on the day a kiss with Traci airs pretty direct and tacky.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Daniel Goddard is just an idiot. He's leveraged that Lane fanbase to keep his job and it's kept his character from growing. Look at how Brad evolved as the bad boy womanizer. That could be Cane if he didn't keep complaining. I still say the Juliet story (which greatly improved his episode counts) did wonders for Cane AND Lily and now this story, even though he isn't my choice for Traci, at least he HAS a story. His entire family has been written off and they are more important than he is! The fact that Lily, Neil and Drucilla's daughter and Devon's sister hasn't been recast is shameful. She is a hugely popular legacy character. He's lucky to be there and should be happy they didn't just fire him like everyone else. Even if he doesn't love the story, just be grateful you have one. This doesn't have to be his endgame, but it's something to help him stay relevant and evolve on the canvas. He's not thinking in the long term.

• Members

So the story has already ended on screen and people are tweeting Beth about how upset they are. They were assuming the writers willingly ended the story and then she posted this:

I think it's pretty obvious Daniel Goddard is why this story ended. He subtweeted his dislike and posted how he met with the writers to pitch different stories for Cane. Such a shame because she gave it her all and they were building a fanbase. I hope his next story is an exit story. It's a shame he's the last of his family around and also the least interesting. 

• Members

I didn’t think it was this great story from what I saw, but DG has gotten way too big for his britches. He’s a character now without a family (one that he was shoehorned into in the first place). He’s blandly handsome and also not a spring chicken. His acting is typically meh. He’s very, very lucky to have this Y&R paycheck and that the show was interested in showcasing him at all, given how almost everyone has been nudged aside by Adam. Beth is all but saying that DG killed that romance,  and he at the very least tanked it, but if someone as insignificant as him wields that kind of power, God help this show.

• Members

That's so messed up. Beth Maitland is a sweetheart, a 35+ year cast member and consummate professional and the fact that Beastmaster was able to put the kibosh on this story says something very sad and telling about the state of daytime. He should not have this power.

• Members

Goddard should watch himself. When Kristoff (RIP) was alive and his friend it was one thing, but Y&R is a snakepit of egos and people on that show go back with Beth Maitland a long, long way, to say nothing of the fans.

He has snaked his way out of any good story he's been given that would make him more than Lily's man, the role he is most comfortable with and most useless in. So kill him.

Edited by Vee

• Members

You'd think he'd be shrewd enough after this many years in daytime to realize Traci (as well as being a beloved character with a rich history) is one of a number of audience surrogates in soaps, and lean into it as I assume Don Diamont and Michael Damian, etc. did before him. Certain studs are positioned as dream figures for the viewer.

Edited by Vee