Y&R: Traci & Cane...Really??!!

• Members

I'm extremely disappointed in this Kane/Traci storyline.  Why, on earth, would we believe that this is really happening? I find this more than a little 'out there.'  The physical and age discrepancies, aside - I just find it a stretch that Kane would fall for someone whose late daughter was his ex-wife's best friend. Not only is this relationship highly improbable and unrealistic, it's offensive to my sense of decency, on some level. Big boo for this. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Traci can do better than Cane and DG is acting a fool on Twitter about this

Traci got both Brad & Steve. Cane would be lucky to have someone like Traci

Edited by John

• Members

Victor and Nikki are 2 years further apart in age in real life and he has bedded/had romance with women 20 to 30 years younger than him practically since the beginning of his character.  But it's always ok when it's a man and a woman that could be his daughter.  Last I remember was the prison Doctor (Alicia Coppola) who is 51 now and Eric is 77.  And many others over the years - someone always wants his wrinkles but when it's an older woman and younger man - always a problem.  That storyline is the only one I liked before I really stopped watching.  At least it's not Adam and doesn't have anything to do with him.  The Adam show is a flop.

And we know it won't last so just Fast Forward.  

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

Just say she's too fat and too old for Cane. This is a soap and you really expect us to believe you care that he's dating the mom of his exwifes friend lol? 

Cane and Lily had a HUGE age Gap and as is typical with men nobody cared. Same for Victor, Jack and pretty much any man. When Ashley was flirting with Ravi everybody was up in arms. Lots of talk about Sharon Case being too old for Adam. I could mention countless other times. There is a huge double standard when it comes to women with younger men on soaps. 

Also, in terms of story is does make sense becaude Traci's most popular pairing was with Brad and Cane is basically filling the void he has previously. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

More than anything, I hate that BM/Traci has been saddled with DG/Cane, when both actress and character could have so much better on the show.  But, you're right, @Fevuh: it ain't gonna last, so just press the FF button and keep going.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Years ago I remember Maeve Kincaid/Vanessa and Matt on Guiding Light - don't remember his name IRL.  But people were writing in to soap mags about that one.   Was very taboo at the time.  And that was early 90's.  Still the same. 

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

People loved Manessa, though. I didn’t like them together because I thought Matt was such a bore, and he dragged Vanessa down. A lot of these younger men are so deathly dull.

I didn’t love Ravi/Ashley, not because of the age difference, but because it was so obvious that Ravi wasn’t a character Y&R would ever invest in, and they had no clue what to do with Ashley.

• Members

For the record I don't care about Traci and Cane either but I see through people's complaints which are almost always from Lane fans. My biggest complaint is that as we see Jack and Lauren oozing with chemistry, they should have had MICHAEL getting closer to Traci. It only makes sense based on Lauren/Traci's history. I feel like Cane and Traci are fine filler material, but what he really needs is a pink slip.