Days: July 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm not hating the show. It doesn't say much, but it's not worse than it was 2-3 years ago. It's not like GL going from Main Street and That Damn Brick Wall to handheld cams in a broom closet.

IMO, Ben will be unwritten as the killer, or he'll relapse and die eventually.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claire's reign of terror is over. The whole thing ended in an abrupt anticlimactic manner. In the ramshackle chicken shack that refuses to burn. The only saving grace has been ORK. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

You missed the big denouement at the ramshackle chicken shack .

Please register in order to view this content

They even played some cheesy song at the end. 

My mind has been picturing the Days/Peapack version.  Since i read your post. Everyone walking around aimlessly. As hand held camera's show the actors nostrils. I may not like the current production values. But Days/Peapack is a scary thought. 

• Members

I guess we can pencil in May 2020 for Carrie to return with a newborn that's Rafe's kid (after trying to pass it off as Austin's, of course ... and interestingly, Austin Peck and Bryan Dattilo just did something with Koslow for the DAYS App or website ... they'd be taping April 2020 now). July-April is 9 months ... just saying. Wonder if Christie's free next month (yes, they're likely shooting May Sweeps 2020 in August 2019)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Ironically, DAYS used to film outdoors. Salem Place. How I miss it. They could have done a little better with HTS. I'm sort of sick of it. I never got sick of Salem Place. (And they used to use a REAL bench and trees  not the bench of death we see now).

I shudder to think of the day if that comes. It's not the worst idea, actually, but it's hard to connect with, as that wasn't really Springfield to most of us on GL. It was dreary Peapack and we knew it. lol.

I mean, the UK soaps have beautiful (realistic) outdoor sets. It looks like real life. I'd love that for the US soaps. But I think soap viewers are just too set in how things are and always have been.

Thanks.

Both guys are aging nicely, I must say.

Interesting how past castmembers just randomly pop up to do fun little things like that. That's kind of nice though.

I mean, Ron did write for Peck on OLTL ... but I imagine we would have heard already, but who knows. Probably nothing and just popped in for the DAYS app.

I mean, just think about this. They are literally 8 months ahead. Imagine all the comings and goings in that time frame! lol

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Eight months ahead...oh, man. That's bad. It makes it impossible to respond to fan feedback and ratings. Looking at the show's ratings, if things don't pick up I'm scared we're getting close to the end. I know it's budget, budget, budget. They're obviously working actors only their minimums which makes it very hard for a story to gain traction and the low quality of the sets have become a huge distraction. 

Looking at the Horton/Brady BBQ...I remember when everyone could be there.

That said, I think they're trying the best they can. There is just so many limitations. I appreciate using legacy  characters like Doug and Julie. I was enjoying Maggie's fall off the wagon, but again, I think they just worked her the minimum so it was impossible to hit all the story beats that should have been there...Lucas, Jennifer, Doug, Julie...all these characters should have played a part of that story.

• Members

Yup, I said this in an earlier ratings thread - it doesn't matter who the headwriter is at this point as it's literally impossible to put together a decent show with the severe limitations. I can kind of get why they've resorted to having these three month arcs, mostly because they probably have no idea how the audience will react so they can't end them early if they fail, but at the same time they can't stretch them out further if the story actually hits.

Add episode guarantees, shoe-string budget and sets that look like they're about to fall over on the actors... I just don't know what else they could do. I guess they could go properly old school with more static and long scenes where actors talk out the plots a la back in the live days, but that probably wouldn't fly over well with todays viewers. And even then you have the issue that you can't really use all the actors to hit all important beats that such writing would require.