Days: July 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Are you really enjoying this garbage? Recast Kristen is a disaster and all the other stories are rehashing the same thing/plot with the same sets.....Kate once again locked up in Dimera mansion secret room......awful....who cares??

I won't go into the redux female on bed set it on fire storyline......how many times is it that a cabin has been burned up?

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I actually binge watched the last 12 episodes or so and didn't actually hate the show. I enjoy Eve wanting to go after Ben, as she should. The only thing I don't really enjoy is that Eve and Jack are randomly hardcore racists. And Chandler Massey sucks.

• Members

I don’t have an issue with it. There is room for improvement, but it’s Days it’s not one of the P&G soaps and the head writer is certainly not Harding Lemay, Agnes Nixon, or Claire Labine. 

Did the cabin actually burn down the first two times or just the bed? I wanna know the owners of these damn cabin though! 

Shawn & Belle should have been actively seen more during this story. I would have been ok with Claire bonding with Kate, who was thought to be her grandmother at one time, putting a wedge in her and Hope’s relationship. 

• Members

Agreed. I'm not *loving* everything but I think the show is watchable. Things are happening. Do I love it all? No. Is some of it still a chore? Yes (JJ/Haley are coma inducing, Chandler and Freddie are beyond checked out, I go back and forth on Eve and Jack) but eh ... it is what it is at this point.

But did Sami and Lucas get lost on the way to say goodbye to Will? That was Monday June 24th. Did I miss them saying goodbye in that episode? Did they just vanish? I feel very confused.

Not really sure what the point of Carrie and Rafe is when Christie Clark doesn't live in the country, but Rafe is 100% more likeable around her. She's just swapping one warm himbo hard body for another. Austin should have died in 2012 saving Abby instead of Jack.

I'd have more of an emotional connection with this Claire stuff had I seen more of Claire with her family over the years. Hope pleading with her fell completely hollow to me due to the lack of scenes they've had since 2015. Same with Marlena and Claire. Olivia Rose Keegan has certainly come into her own. I'm sad she's leaving. She'd make a great recast Faith on Y&R, should they ever so choose.

Shawn needs to stick around. Brandon Beemer does "Dad" well and he fills a void left by Bo (no one can compare to Reckell but Shawn is doing his best Bo and I'm here for it). Why is Corday so adverse to Shawn and Belle on the canvas? Because it isn't Cook and Storms? Get over it gramps, stick to golfing with Mumbles Taylor, they long ago moved on. (I'm guessing it's the same with Carrie/Christie -- and Lucas/Bryan -- but now she's living out of the country so it's moot)

I'm so tired of Ben the hero. He's trying to talk Claire down. Ciara clings to him. Hope is so grateful. Ugh. Shoot me now. They're just propping him too much. They don't have to.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I'm enjoying the show as well and think it's the best right now of the soaps left. I like that there are a lot of storylines going on and I actually find most of them interesting. IMO, this show is certainly better than B&B which keeps rehashing the same stuff and only focuses on a few characters. B&B doesn't feel much like a soap. Or GH, which I think is dark and dreary. I also find it more entertaining than Y&R, because Days is providing storylines for a lot of people.  Y&R could maybe the best if Josh wrote for more characters, but he's not doing that right now.

Some thoughts about the show right now:

I'm liking the way that Freddie/Sonny is looking right now. I think he is looking nice. I am glad they aren't slicking his hair back as much and he's looking nice with the weight loss. He is looking considerably younger with the weight loss and with the non slicked back hair.

I think that Haley might be more interesting with Tripp than JJ. I like the way that her and Trip interact with each other more than I like the way she interacts with JJ. Maybe because Tripp has seemed more relaxed with her overall. And JJ has seemed like he has worked a bit too hard (especially in the beginning) of trying to get her to like him. He's comes across a bit more high strung, even desperate around her, than Tripp has. (Though I do think that her situation/issues/them being on the run has contributed to his behavior.)

I think that Suzanne/Maggie playing a drunk has been interesting. She's done a nice job with that.

Also, I do think it's a bit unfortunate that they have had Shawn/Belle's only child lose it, though I would say her storyline has been interesting. Ciara getting kidnapped for the 25th time so that Hope and especially Ben can rescue her again, isn't that interesting. I think they need to do more with Ciara's character besides just have her be a cheerleader of Ben's. She really doesn't seem to have much of a life or really any type of goals/aspirations outside of being his girlfriend. Claire for all her faults/issue at least is ambitious and has been steady working for a while, really wanted to the face of Bella and wants to pursue a singing career. That is much more than what Ciara is trying to do.

I also think that Gabi/Stefan are kind of amusing and I think that Kristen pretending to be Nicole is kind of funny. I think that the way she has straight up rejected Eric has been amusing. I also like seeing Brady act more as a supporting friend to various people.

• Members

That's Ron for you. He's starting to do the same thing for Xander. As for your other point, you're correct. Shawn and Belle deserve to be on the canvas. If the writers were smart, they'd have them be the focal point of Claire's breakdown, incarceration, etc. and its aftermath.

• Members

Ben the hero is a big fat no for me. I actually don't mind Xander though. There's something charming about the actor that makes me like him. Ciara as a character is completely pointless now. Her whole existence is to defend Ben to the town of people that rightfully hate his murdering ass.

Edited by Antoyne