In Loving Memory: Jed Allan

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

JED ALLAN

IN LOVING MEMORY

MARCH 1, 1935-MARCH 9, 2019

(Don Craig, 1971-1985)

Jed Allan's son, Rick Brown, confirmed Jed's passing tonight on a Facebook post: "So sorry to post the very sad news of my fathers passing tonight. He died peacefully and was surrounded by his family and loved so much by us and so many others. Thank you for all who are part of this wonderful tribute to my dad on Facebook."

On "Days", Jed played attorney Don Craig from 1971-1985. Don was Marlena's first love interest in Salem, and the duo married in 1979. They had a son, Don Jr., in 1980, who died of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Don was later married to Liz Chandler. In Don's last episode in 1985, he went to mail a letter, never to be seen again.

A full obituary will be posted at a later time.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry to hear this. I remember his interview about the pain of losing his wife. At least they're together again now.

Jed Allan was one of those soap leading men who changed the game for the type of man you would see starring on daytime, but he never really got the credit he deserved. 

Still, he had a very long and successful career, and had the love of his family. 

He'll always be CC Capwell to me.

Thank you for posting the news here. 

• Members

I never saw his work on DAYS, but absolutely loved him as the fourth (and definitive) CC Capwell on SB. I also loved watching him (in reruns and DVD) as the host of Celebrity Bowling. God rest him - and all love and prayers to his family, friends and colleagues. A Martinez wrote a beautiful tribute to Jed on FB.

• Members

IbFuW5U.jpg

JED ALLAN

LOVE OF LIFE                Ace Hubbard           1964

THE SECRET STORM       Paul Britton           1964-65

DAYS OF OUR LIVES       Don Craig       1971-85

SANTA BARBARA     Channing Creighton "C.C." Capwell   1986-93

BEVERLY HILLS 90210      Rush Sanders       1994-99

PORT CHARLES          Ed Grant      2001; 2002-03

GENERAL HOSPITAL    Edward Quartermaine       2004-06

THE BAY            Harold Johnson           2011-12

Allan owned the role of CC Capwell.  

Rest in Peace.

• Members

Like so many of you, I was blown away by his charismatic turn as CC Capwell. Both the character and JA seemed like forces of nature! This is sad news indeed. May he rest in peace.

(OT but it really means a lot to know that members of the SB cast remained in touch over 25 years after the show's cancellation).

• Members

So sad to hear this. I loved him both as Don on DAYS and as CC on SB -- two completely different characters that he performed exceedingly well. Deidre Hall was never better than when she performed with him, and he also had tremendous chemistry with Susan Hayes and Suzanne Rogers. He never got the respect he deserved from the industry. 

Archived