Y&R: March Spoilers

xtr

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brytni getting her contract renewed would be a fete in itself regardless of who she's in story with.

Let's go over the history, shall we?

Mishael Morgan remains the only black woman who wasn't core or connected to core to get her contract renewed in the history of the show, per my recollection. This excludes Khalil, Rowell, Williams, and Redd being that they are core and connected to core family. If I'm wrong, someone can correct me. But I don't think I'm wrong. 

CK being the only black woman, or WOC if she prefers that, prior to Mishael Morgan to have a contract renewal since the late 90s.  I do believe Veronica Redd was recurring on her 1999 -2004 run. And Rowell left in 1999 and wasn't renewed after her 2003 -2007 run. I believe TLW was recurring after 2000. But I need to confirm that with @DeeeDee

Mishael Morgan was reluctantly renewed by the show because of her popularity, which was driven mostly by vocal Hevon fans. She has hinted more  than once that Hevon fans kept her around.

Whether folks like bryton or not, brytni having a pairing with him that resonates with the audience won't be a bad thing for her. Unfortunately, black characters are limited. It's not fair or right. But at this point, we should know what we are dealing with in the genre. 

• Members

Here are some more upcoming spoilers about Devon/Ana that someone posted from SID at another site.

Devon will enter the room, just after Ana has finished stuffing wads of cash in a brown envelope. He won't see her do it, but he will suspect something is going on. He will end up following her to a shady motel, and a lot of bad scenarios will be going through his mind. When he knocks on the hotel door Elena will answer. Elena will tell Devon he's got the wrong room and will slam the door in his face. He will knock again and demand what to know what Ana has gotten herself into. It's reported that Bryton says what Devon learns is the farthest thing he could have imagined. It's definitely not something he expected.

I definitely wonder what Ana's "unexpected" secret is. I've seen speculation ranging from maybe she's taking care of a secret child she's had to maybe trying to help Harmony who may be in trouble. And I have considered the possibility of both of those things. (Though, I haven't heard any news about Harmony coming back).  Maybe there is some underground thing going on where Ana is trying to help provide for someone who is in trouble/hiding out for whatever reason. And Elena is helping Ana do that. 

Also, Kyle will no longer be able to put off confessing to Lola, and Arturo will open up his heart to Abby. Also, Victor will get wind of a dangerous plan. And there is a picture of Nikki in a prison suit at the Abbott mansion. There was a rumor going around that Billy/Nick will help the ladies escape during a prison transport and hide them in the Abbott mansion. Maybe they really do help them escape but hide them in the Abbott cabin instead. And maybe this is the dangerous plan that Victor gets wind of.

Here is the picture of Nikki in her prison outfit at the Abbott mansion:

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Thanks for the history info.  That is really sad.  Y&R seems to be just as bad as the other soaps.  My word why cant they evolve, it is so sad.  This is why soaps are a dying breed.  Along with bad writing of course.

• Members

Here are some more upcoming spoilers for SOD, that someone had gotten early and posted on another site:

Victor will take matters into his own hands, Victoria struggles with her new reality, Ashley makes a surprise visit home and Paul makes a shocking decision. Also, Summer and Kyle are going to make love.

I wonder shocking decision Paul makes and also what leads up to Summer and Kyle making love. I could see Kyle end up really falling for her and that will complicate this triangle with him, her and Lola. 

• Members

Ana is really Tessa 2.0

I saw someone else speculate that maybe Ana hurt someone in an accident and is paying for his care. Elena is his neice and caretaker.  

No problem. I just want to show you what your up against with Brytni. 

• Members

That's an interesting theory and could also tie into Elena being in the medical profession. Maybe Ana did accidentally hurt or is somehow responsible for the Uncle's condition.

Maybe depending on what the full story is Devon will also hold the Uncle somewhat accountable. And that will tie into the Elena defends her Uncle spoiler. I wonder if/when they might cast the Uncle.

• Members

Yep, I get it.  Y&R might have a better reputation but the show is just like all the other cancelled soaps.  I have no hope for her or any other AA woman on soaps.  They need to find new jobs.  Maybe out of acting.

• Members

Stephanie E. Lewis who played Amy Lewis from 1982-1988 definitely was not connected to a core family but I don't know what her contract was like, I was in elementary school back then and wasn't aware of such things as contracts, LOL.  Looking back though, it was just Amy and her father Detective Frank Lewis, who was the boss of Paul Williams' father Carl.

• Members

Here are a few more tidbits regarding Devon, Ana/Elena from SOD. After Devon knocks on Elena's door she will say she's alone. But Devon will tell her that he saw Ana go into her room. Ana will then appear from behind and will be angry with Devon for following her. Bryton says that Devon will want Ana to explain things. Also, according to SOD, Elena is a doctor and her first scenes are with Ana and Devon. She will first air on March 19th. 

Also according to soaps.com day ahead episode, tomorrow is the day that Summer/Kyle get married and make love to each other. Nick and Phyllis will walk her down the aisle and her and Kyle will exchange touching vows. Summer will then tell Kyle she's got a room for them upstairs. They will go to the room and Summer will tell Kyle about her hopes and fears for the surgery. Including being afraid she won't make it though the surgery. She will also worry she can't tell her family about it due to wanting to keep it a secret. Kyle will hug her and tell her he's her family now. They will kiss and then proceed to make love to each other. This will happen when Lola is trying to call Kyle and will end up looking at her phone when this happens. 

Some people who have seen this episode already says these scenes come across as romantic. I believe they will. IMO Kyle really does seem to care for Summer (he always has) and he has been gentle/loving towards her, even though this is supposed to be a loveless marriage on his end of things. It sounds like Kyle genuinely wanted to sleep with Summer. Here are some screenshots of some of these scenes that someone posted on Twitter:

• Members

Way before my time. I started watching in 1991. I don't even know these characters. Do you know what her stories were? What her life consisted of? Thank you for the history lesson. So instead of 1, we will say there has been 2. Interesting we have to go back to the 80s. 

The show finally got Kyle in a love scene. 

Definitely romantic. No way to do a triangle without the one in the middle coming across as a wishy washy lying rogue. 

• Members

Amy primarily worked with Paul and Andy at their detective agency.  I don't know if you've heard of the story we're Phil Morris' character, Tyrone Jackson (a bit 'on the nose', I know

Please register in order to view this content

) infiltrated the mob by basically doing a weird version of 'white face' (think of the Eddie Murphy SNL skit "White Like Me").  Well, while Tyrone was pretending to be a white guy who was getting close to the mob boss' daughter, he was actually dating Amy.  Tyrone Jackson had a brother named Jazz who crossed from one side of the law to the other to work with Paul and Andy.  In a weird way, he seemed to be a prototype of sort to the Nathan Hastings character.

Amy was also friends with Traci Abbott and Danny Romalotti (I think) and she may have even appeared on stage at one of his infamous concerts that aired during episodes of the show.  For some reason, I vaguely remember her being onstage singing, lol.

In a weird way, Amy paved the way for some of the characters that eventually followed her because I believe that Nathan Hastings (played by Nathan Purdee) was brought on as her love interest. 

Years before Nathan taught Drucilla how to read, Amy taught Nathan how to read.  Amy and Nathan ended up dating.  IRL,  I know that Stephanie and Nathan dated for a time but that may have taken place after one or both left Y&R.

I'm not sure how much Amy and Mamie (oh boy, the names rhyme) interacted but I imagine there had to be some interaction since Amy and Traci were friends. 

I think I was dazzled by Stephanie E. Williams who was a dancer and the show seemed to revel in showing just how fit and appealing Amy was and being that Stephanie is a dark-skinned woman, I regarded that as being one of the more positive aspects of the show's cultural history.

Unfortunately, I honestly don't remember how the character exited the canvas. 

Archived