Y&R: March Spoilers

xtr

• Members

@ajsp35801  Frank Lewis (Brock Peters)  was Carl's boss. His daughter Amy came on as Paul and Andy's assistant. There was a Loretta Lewis, Frank's wife in a 1982 episode crawl. I can't recall the actress's name. I started watching around 83, and I remember Amy dating Jazz and Tyron Jackson, as well as Kong, whose real name was Nathan  Hastings (you know where that went.) I think Amy was a friend of Traci's, but I'm not sure. Actress Stephanie Williams left to join GH as Simone around 1988 or 89. Both were on contract for several years (Amy and Frank).

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have heard about the white face mob story with Tyrone. Thank you. 

How many illiterate black characters did this show need? 

Thank you. This was a bit before my time. 

Now I get why you guys say Neil, as a businessman, was something new for the show. 

• Members

Apparently too many.  It seems to have become something of a soap trope with black characters.

Also something I vaguely remembered:  since Stephanie Williams was a dancer/choreographer in real life (she had been on the TV series Fame, based on the 1980 film), there were scenes where she would be in a studio, working out at the barre.  AFAIK, Amy had no aspirations to be a ballerina like Dru but I think the show decided to incorporate some of her dance background into random scenes on the show sometimes.

• Members

No problem.  In retrospect, there was more that could've been done with the character but as a little girl, seeing her onscreen made an impression on me.  In those days too, it seemed as if characters mingled a lot more back then.

Yeah, a lot of soaps strangely did this with some of their characters. On ATWT, I noticed this with a number of their black characters, they'd simply disappear.    I'm honestly curious about the mindset behind this thinking.

• Members

Amy did indeed perform with Danny & the gang but not until later during her run.

Amy was in a relationship with Tyrone (they were intended to become a supercouple). Unfortunately Phil Lewis left the show (as did Jon St. Elwood). So Bill had Stephanie & Nathan slowly become involved as he turned his life around.

Stephanie Williams was lovely. Unfortunately Y&R was never as invested in her relationship with Nathan as they were with her pairing with Tyrone (for a myriad of reasons). By the time Amy became involved with Nathan her father (Brock Peters) was being phased out (when Paul Andy Nathan & Amy went into Miami Vice mode) too. So Stephanie eventually left for greener pastures (working on other soaps with the occasional bit parts in film & television).

She briefly returned after leaving (to visit Nathan) only to leave once again a few months before Liv & Dru arrived.

• Members

Alexia Robinson (Alex) was on contract as were Michelle Thomas & Siena Goines (the original & recast actresses who played Callie).

Stephanie was intended to be a contract role but Vivica quickly became a film star as was Wanda Acuna (who was eventually replaced by a white actress).

Vicki's original run ended in 98, she then returned & left (with Brooke Marie Bridges) in 2000, then returned again in 2002.

Tonya was on contract until 2005 when the writers just let her fade away.

There were a several Black actresses (both older & younger) who were recurring (including Candice Patton) but Y&R never bumped them to contract status.

• Members

I remember Fay Hauser, with the grey eyes was a character on the force who worked with Paul's father Carl.  Part of me really wanted her to turn out to be Tyler and Leslie Michaelson's mother.  It might have been a nice nod.  Maybe create one of those gauzy flashbacks to when Tyler and Leslie's mother was alive or show a photograph and have it turn out to be Fay Hauser's character. 

I guess most of Y&R's current viewers would have missed the reference but I swear every time I saw Redaric Williams on screen, I was struck by how cool it would've been if he and Angell Conwell's characters were related to Fay Hauser's Y&R character.

Archived