Best/Worst Soap Wedding Dresses, Hats, Headpieces and Veils

• Members

One more that I couldn't resist, because what else would one wear for their wedding to a TV evangelist in the 1980s but this ensemble from Knots Landing?

Please register in order to view this content

Even Tammy Faye Baker wouldn't have dared to wear this one gloved wonder. 

But Cathy could've ripped off the veil and reused the headband for a Jane Fonda workout.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The Dorian/Herb wedding was from that odd time when women would never wear white to the second wedding, but they would wear poofy sleeves and mismatched nail polish

I think the scarf was meant to convey that Dorian was happier at her fifth wedding (after Victor, Herb, Mr Sati, and her first marriage to David, this time she married Mel for the "right reasons"), she certainly looked younger

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/93/8f/75/938f75e656f20480c120f989b0921148.jpg

Her sixth go-round to Mitch Laurence was a bit of a hodge-podge (good dress, horrible hair), but it must be hard to find time to shop for a last minute surprise return to town marriage to the local cult leader.  I guess you know it's last minute when the huge bouquets totally clash with Dorian's color scheme of blush and bashful.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c3/c8/cc/c3c8cccb5158d06e178598ae75b70ffa--real-tv-childhood-memories.jpg

However, one of the historical crimes against good taste has got to go to Luna Moody.  Not only was it really out of character for such a "boho bride", but it also was never in style to wear a Snow White collar on a dress of velvet burnout herringbone chiffon on your wedding day

https://i0.heartyhosting.com/www.soapoperadigest.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Luna-scaled.jpg?resize=1200%2C1200&ssl=1/

Edited by j swift

• Members

Pretty dress and headgear, but perhaps we need another thread for worst wedding photo (ie crazy eyes)?

7d97f2d1d5b1fc0803ad2758e37aefb4889e947f

Remember the days when we got amused by how often Erica Kane had been married?  Now, it is standard operation procedure for a female character i their 40s to have been married at least three times.

Edited by j swift

• 1 month later...
  • Members

One Life to Live does it again!  Someone recently posted one of the zillion of episodes related to Samantha Vernon and Asa Buchanan's wedding and all I could look at was this thing on her head

Please register in order to view this content

Another view, and can someone confirm who is standing next to Dorian? (and why is she in the reception line at the wedding?)

Meanwhile Edwina is wearing Chanel (The Banner must have paid their reporters well)

Finally, Dorian makes an inexplicable costume change between the ceremony and the reception

Edited by j swift

• Members

I can't understand why Dorian and Herb were in the reception line either. Was it Herb's position in the town at the time? I think he was either DA or Mayor or something.

That is Anthony George as Dr. Will Vernon, Sam's father, next to her. I know George best from Dark Shadows.

I can never get over Wanda Webb and Asa being cousins as an ongoing character beat for a decade In this era. They very regularly refer to each other as 'cousin'.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Herb says a line at the ceremony that they can't keep their guests waiting, which I guess means that the reception was at Llanfair?

I may be all mixed up, but does this mean that they kept Olympia in one mansion, then Asa lived in another, and they had the reception at third mansion?

At least when AMC;s Cliff and Nina got married in 1908 (and Palmer's "dead" wife Daisy attended) it made more sense that it was at Palmer's home (with an outdoor area that we never saw again).