Best/Worst Soap Wedding Dresses, Hats, Headpieces and Veils

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Here's the wedding of Mary Jane "MJ" Match (Lauren White) and Tom Carroll (Jonathan Frakes) on The Doctors, 1977. It was a small and intimate wedding for a soap, especially in those days. This looks like a wedding dress that probably shouldn't have worked but did, in no small part due to the gorgeous lighting.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

MJ and the bridesmaid's dresses are classics which rarely look bad when paired with contemporary styling, but the groom's cream colored tux is a "no" for me.  The floppy yellow boutineer paired with a matching pocket square do not compliment the outfit.

• Members

You're close.  The bride's sister and brother-in-law were killed in a car accident driving home from the wedding.  MJ and Tom took in the annoying nephew, and then Tom started abusing him.  Tom died a few months later, after getting rid of the kid and getting counseling.

• Members

I do get what you mean but Erica actually pulled that one well, the rest Oh God!

Can't defend the rest but Nina's Hat is not favored by that photo nor Nina Herself is, her original hat was Beautiful but it worked far better with it's veil covering her face, the second one is chic and nice but black for a wedding?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Zed and Jenny’s wedding on Capitol.

Another example of soaps adhering to the old fashioned rule that brides can only wear white at their first wedding (Nicki Newman & Laura Spencer being the obvious exception to the rule)

I am not a wig expert, but to this day I don't understand how they got a lace front to sit so flat on Catherine Hickland's head? The hair and costume departments at Capitol did most of the heavy lifting to differentiate Jenny from Julie.  I am amused by the idea that Jenny was trying desperately to suppress her insanity as shown in her tight buns and constrictive collars. 

Good news, when they were done with that dress, they could recycle it as dust cover for over one thousand lamps!

Also, wasn't it nice of Mark Denning to show up at the wedding of the woman who shot him on his wedding day?

Edited by j swift