B&B: February 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These shows are just not interesting. I now have to go out of my way to watch soaps, and it’s just not worth it given the plethora of options. Criterion Channel launches their new streaming service April 8, and it’s a wrap after that. The KSJ memorial on Y&R is the only thing that I’ll watch.

• Members

To me so far that's what it will be.  Taylor not letting go of trying to pair Liam and Steffy together, pushing Hope to Thomas, etc...Ridge will get mad that Brooke is mad that Hope has willingly chosen Thomas and will turn to Taylor.  Then at that point Katie will be back with Bill and Slut from the Valley will go after Bill again because he really did "become a changed man", and even at her age, her vagina is extremely thirsty and she has no problem stealing Katie's love interests. 

• Members

I think you nailed it.

As much as it burned me to agree with much of what Brooke was saying during her and Taylor's argument today, the way she kept touching and grabbing Taylor's face, I don't know if I would have shown the same restraint as Taylor.  Even if Brooke was justified. LOL!  I  would have actually understood if Brooke gave Taylor a classic "Staphanie slap" at that moment, but there was just something about how she touched Taylor's forehead and grabbed her chin that rubbed me the wrong way.

• Members

B&B used to be entertaining. Whoever is writing B&B (Brad Bell still presumably) seems to be working overtime to get it canceled. How many more years can the fans take of the same thing: Hope/Liam/Steffy, Ridge/Taylor/Brooke, random couple combos and plots fueled off of romance alone. Mix it up. 

• Members

I'm so tired of hearing Taylor and a couple other characters with the continual "Steffy is all alone to take care of the 2 baby girls.  She needs help."  Where is Taylor living?  Didn't she move in with Steffy?  Didn't Steffy have a Nanny - God knows how she affords one. (cough cough).  And didn't she willingly adopt Phoebe, and isn't Taylor the one who got Phoebe????   I know the answer to most of these, other than where Taylor is living - because I remember Steffy asking her to move in.

So why is everyone lamenting poor Steffy with the 2 babies?  She's the one who wanted a 2nd one, so cope with it.  LOL.  I think Brooke said yesterday something about  - she got what she wanted....I'd have to agree with that.  Funny with Brooke and Taylor...Brooke makes it seem like they're so different.  They're basically the same character...meddling man-stealing mothers trying to get their daughters whatever they want. 

And the writing is so all over the map...manufacturing a story for Quinn now to meddle in Wyatt's relationship with Sally for no reason.  She's never had an issue with Sally that I remember and then in 2 scenes before was all with the Forresters trying to get Sally to stay and not leave the company, and in the next scene is trying to drive a wedge between her and Wyatt...???

• Members

This show remains ridiculous.  Since when can't a woman take care of 2 children?  And since when can't an independently wealthy woman take care of 2 children?  Not to mention, Steffy adopted the second kid so she's more than prepared.  

This show is just trash!  

• Members

The whole pity party for Steffy raising two babies on her "own" has been annoying.  First off, she CHOSE to adopt another baby after just having one and being single.  Second, she has all these resources (family, money) available to help her.  But what annoys me the most is the show made this big deal about her choosing to be single and not going after a man and being independent, and then they just dismantle all that character building for THE triangle. 

As for Taylor and the rest of the veteran characters, I guess I have to accept that from here on out they only exist to serve as props for their children and grandchildren.  They've all become one note, narrow-minded characters who are way too fixated on their grown *** children's lives, and they only share scenes together to talk about those children under the false perception of them having their own story.  Eric had long ago been put out to this pasture, but now every character over 30 seems to be joining him.  Brooke, Ridge, Taylor, Quinn, Bill, Katie ... even Rick and Maya were/have been shoved out to pasture in recent years.  I wonder if all soaps are like this now, since I only watch this one.  It's a shame.

Archived