God, I love this show, but hate the lead character/actor!!!!!

I always think about shows where the lead made me seethe.  

House - I'm sure there was some appeal somewhere which is why Lowry was chosen, but I feel because the character was so disgusting, Lowry couldn't do anything to salvage House.  The cases were wonderful but the character was so disgusting and not funny.  Then they put this stunning, intelligent, well educated prestigious hospital administrator with that despicable pill popping cripple?  Set women back hundreds of years!  

Scandal - Why would anyone choose Washington to lead any show.  Her stank walk alone is a major turn off.  Kerry simply does not possess enough talent to lead a show.  Shonda is no good for anything that requires more than one season, so deficient Kerry didn't help matters!

Greenleaf - Grace played by that god awful Merle Dandridge.  Nuff said!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people will say Eric McCormack on W&G. I like him fine, but he’s by far the weak link in the cast.

Sex and the City and SJP/Carrie. Nuff said.

I hated House and came to hate Scandal, but I do think Kerry (who did great on SNL) and especially Hugh are very talented.

The lead characters on any show I watch are usually not favourites of mine. 

One currently for me is Franky Doyle on Wentworth. I'm only on season 5, but I very much hate that they brought her back into prison life. I was glad to be rid of her.

Edited by Bright Eyes

As mentioned above, Carrie on SATC.

Anything with Buffy after season 3. SMG became cold and dead, and, along with the show running out of ideas (beyond Whedon beating heavy-handed arcs into the ground before leaving to do other projects), she weighed the material down heavily. 

McMurphy on China Beach. I don't care how pretty Dana Delaney was, it became ludicrous for every man on the canvas (bar I think one) to fall madly in love with her, with, in some cases, this love lasting for decades, complete with marrying nurses who had the same name as her just to drive the point. The character was cold and hard, and ruined through overexposure. Episode after episode about how she was drinking, about how she didn't want to remember, all while some other characters got the barest of scraps. 

Abby on ER. So sour and bitter I quit watching the show and never looked back.

The woeful, woeful Fred on Angel, one of Whedon's most precious Mary Sues. She took over the show wholesale,  ruining and downgrading established characters, and was never, ever worth the time. I also quit watching thanks to her, with zero regret.

Edited by DRW50

Oh I have a good one. Torchwood and Gwen/Eve Myles. God I hated Gwen. 

This scene was a big reason why.

Edited by Costello
2 hours ago, DRW50 said:

Abby on ER. So sour and bitter I quit watching the show and never looked back.

OMG, this. However, unlike a poster above, I loved Susan 1.0. Version 2.0, she became a vapid party girl - probably because Abby had Susan's old family issues schtick.

Fiona Gallagher on Shameless. Horrible mother figure for her siblings and queen of self-destructive decisions, all hidden behind some bizarre pride in the low-class customs of her neighborhood.

Casey Cartwright on Greek. Spoiled sorority bitch who hates it when people do to her what she's most likely already done to them.

8 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Alice...the last two or so seasons with Linda Lavin.  

+1! 

It's taken me over 35 years to realize that she gets on my nerves.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Tell a friend

Love Soap Opera Network Community? Tell a friend!
    • Wait... So on top of Queen Giner, Lydiot is gone too? The dumbest but most entertaining villain in RH? That's me out. Sorry, but Shine Shine Shine can't make up for the loss of Gina and Lydia.
    • Miguel from Brazil. Please register in order to view this content
    • First...*waves @Mr. Vixen* and congrats on the next book.   I think...it's Brenda so what could go wrong? Please register in order to view this content   But seriously, it is a great concept. And ohhh how my mind sees so many angles and what you wrote. I would love to see a series like this.   As for me...I might have to chew on what I would do as a spinoff for a spell...:) 
    • Would these rather creepy drawings entice you to devote 1 hr each morning to 2 new soaps?
    • RHOD   Now that was much, much better.   So clearly for me, it had to be who was spotlighted. For the last few episodes, the focus has been on Brandi, Kary, and Stephanie with LeeAndra, Tiffany, and Kameron getting moments here and there, but most in the background. This episode was the end of the Oaklahoma trip and heading back to Dallas. Once there, the show shifted to individual scenes so it was only natural that it shifted since the stronger people with individual scenes (and are still somewhat likeable) are LeeAndra, Tiffany, and Kameron. And I liked all of them. And ooooo at the next leg of the LeeAndra family drama. I keep saying...she's so what soap opera heroines are made of. And as usual...the next nugget she gave in the saga of her vs her brother produced new questions. Hopefully, the answers will start to be revealed as LeeAndra goes to meet with her mother-in-law next week.    Meanwhile, the trip started boring AF. But it ended in a good place I felt. The highlight for me was Tiffany, Kameron, and Brandi (yes, I said Brandi) performing the Bend and Snap from LEGALLY BLONDE as their warmup routine for the series of games Stephanie had set up for everybody. And not shocked that Kary does not know how to give a sincere apology so her trying to apologize to Charles the guy from last week fell flat for me.    And surely I am not the only person who saw that Brandi was clearly preggers on the trip.    Things to make you go hmmmm...   LEEANDRA. Well, well, well. Where do I start? Just like Ashley Abbott finding out that John Abbott was not her dad shattered her, there appears to be more to the story of the events surrounding LeeAndra's Dad's death. And as she was talking to Jeremy, for the first time I wondered if she had considered therapy or hmmm hypnotism? It sounded like either she was editing herself for television or that she might have blocked some of that day out. I thought she had been the one to find the body if I remember correctly...or am I wrong? She definitely saw it. And the reveal of her finding out that her mother-in-law put the one will on the bed day of death...and then Mama Dee's actions with the other will....and I'm wondering how BOTH of the moms factored into the breakdown in the relationship between LeeAndra and her brother. I get LeeAndra's reasoning for not telling him of the death immediately, but it sounded like the mother in law went all out to keep them separated. And then...Mama Dee made a deal with the Dad insuring that LeeAndra would get the inheritance in the first place. But then Mother in Law pushed for a court fight. I mean...WOW!!! This was just the stuff of good soaps. I'll say this much...LeeAndra's relationship with her family has always been her throughline throughout her time on the show and it continued to bear so much fruit for her. And that fruit continues to be juicy. And yes, I love the followup from the letter a few episodes back.    KAMERON. God, Court is hot. lol. That said...I enjoyed her misadventures with moving this week. The packing. The ribbing from Court. The psychic from an earlier episode. Court accepting it all even with an eyeroll. Who didn't like Kameron's dog? It has been natural that she is still mourning Louie and worrying about him as she moves into her dream house. Meanwhile, Kameron was fun on the trip...except for when she got angry over the bed prank that went wrong. Yeaaah...mess with my sleep, I'm a bitca, too. Please register in order to view this content   TIFFANY. Wow at her and Kameron getting along. If only it would last. Meanwhile awwww at her and her mother coming to some understanding. That was a talk that needed to happen.  Tiffany always brings the real and I will be sadden if she does decide to leave at the end of this season. And I hollered at her and the twins' science project. That was my project in elementary school so it was a cute little walk down memory lane.   BRANDI. *side-eye*   STEPHANIE. Who?   KARY. Lint.   So next week we are going to be on the mansion from DALLAS? Good. That means also we are at the end of the season.              
  • Recent Status Updates

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy