Jump to content

Y&R: Josh Griffith is back (confirmed)...


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members

At this point, I'd be down for Natalie Minardi Slater and Janice Ferri Esser being promoted to Co-HW's, since they probably know the show best.

 

Of course, by the time that happens, we'll KNOW the end is nigh.  (Case in point: Jill Lorie Hurst at GL.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I find him a little unnecessarily dark tbh. After MAB was fired, his take on Y&R was a bit boring.

 

It is worth pointing out that no one HW has the kind of control and influence over the canvas that we attribute to them. Since CBS and Sony took over, they've had their fingers in every script. It is writing by committee at this point. And too many cooks spoil the broth!

Edited by Cat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 minutes ago, Cat said:

I find him a little unnecessarily dark tbh. After MAB was fired, his take on Y&R was a bit boring.

 

It is worth pointing out that no one HW has the kind of control and influence over the canvas that we attribute to them. Since CBS and Sony took over, they've had their fingers in every script. It is writing by committee at this point. And too many cooks spoil the broth!

Yeah. I just think it’s going to be a “meet the new boss, same as the old boss” situation whether it’s NMS or Griffith or anyone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 minutes ago, Darn said:

Like this matters. Remember how excited people were about what's her face from last year? That lasted all of a month.

 

I mean, honestly people.

 

Please register in order to view this content

 

 

It doesn't matter. Every two or three years we get another EP/HW and quickly the non  stop complaints begin.  The plays the thing.  The problem is the era of soaps is over. We have a few that are running on fumes.  But it's just a matter of time before Sony/CBS findsa good reality, game or another talk show  to replace them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
20 minutes ago, Darn said:

Like this matters. Remember how excited people were about what's her face from last year? That lasted all of a month.

 

I mean, honestly people.

 

 

 

See this is why I don’t care. Y&R of all the soaps is historically my favorite and this used to upset me but it’s clear the show is done. In fact I hope Griffith brings Higley as his co-HW! Fcuk it at this point lol. Modern Y&R reminds me of the destruction of the PGP soaps from the writing and dismantling of the cast. Throw in how bad B&B is and they’re truly the new ATWT/GL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
48 minutes ago, Chris B said:

 

See this is why I don’t care. Y&R of all the soaps is historically my favorite and this used to upset me but it’s clear the show is done. In fact I hope Griffith brings Higley as his co-HW! Fcuk it at this point lol. Modern Y&R reminds me of the destruction of the PGP soaps from the writing and dismantling of the cast. Throw in how bad B&B is and they’re truly the new ATWT/GL. 

 

You said it. I wonder if they can see that they're just repeating mistakes of the past.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

It's odd.. when a soap gets cancelled, the quality kind of improves.. or it did for All My children once they got their pink slip from ABC..  The last few months was well done, lots of character interaction, etc... and it made me wonder why this couldn't have been done all along.

 

It will happen for Y & R once the end is near.

Edited by Soaplovers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 hours ago, Faulkner said:

The pressure from the highers-up is largely off when a show is cancelled, so I can understand why shows would improve.

After years of reading soap message boards, I don't think anything I've ever read rings more true than this short, simple statement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 hours ago, Chris B said:

 

See this is why I don’t care. Y&R of all the soaps is historically my favorite and this used to upset me but it’s clear the show is done. In fact I hope Griffith brings Higley as his co-HW! Fcuk it at this point lol. Modern Y&R reminds me of the destruction of the PGP soaps from the writing and dismantling of the cast. Throw in how bad B&B is and they’re truly the new ATWT/GL. 

 

This is like Another World all over again from 1993-1999.  Six years of chaos-  with 6 executive producers- Michael Laibson, Terri Guarnieri, John Valente, Jill Farren Phelps, Charlotte Savitz, and Christopher Goutman- and 8 headwriting teams- Peggy Sloane, Carolyn Culliton, Tom King and Craig Carlson, Margaret DePriest, King and Carlson AGAIN, Michael Malone, Richard Culliton, Leah Laiman and Jean Passanante

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 minute ago, watson71 said:

 

This is like Another World all over again from 1993-1999.  Six years of chaos-  with 6 executive producers- Michael Laibson, Terri Guarnieri, John Valente, Jill Farren Phelps, Charlotte Savitz, and Christopher Goutman- and 8 headwriting teams- Peggy Sloane, Carolyn Culliton, Tom King and Craig Carlson, Margaret DePriest, King and Carlson AGAIN, Michael Malone, Richard Culliton, Leah Laiman and Jean Passanante

Then it happened at ATWT.....Y&R is going to be canceled sooner than we think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy