As The World Turns Full Episode List

• Members

The episode on YouTube listed ad “2 26 92” is incorrect. I don’t know what day it is but it in no way picks up from the 2 25 92 episode. Andy is being attack by some kids who he calls racist. Gavin is in jail and on trial? Or someone is on trial and he was a witness? I don’t know - I turned it off because it was clearly a jump forward in time. Gonna try to watch 2 27 92 and see if it makes anymore sense as to what I’ve been watching all week. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Brolden

As I continue my watch of the show on YouTube, I’ve come to “Lisa’s Forgotten Son” which you have listed as Tues 5/5/92. The videos listed as that total 70 min so it’s definitely at least 2 episodes. Today, I watched the first 2 parts (25 minutes) and it had 2 opening credits so I’m clearly into Wed 5/6/92. Next week, as I continue my way through the videos, I’ll find out if anything overlaps with the episode listed as Thurs 5/7/92. 

It’s been an interesting watch with the gaps in ‘91 and ‘92. There are so many new characters involved in the Carolyn Crawford mystery in which I have no interest because I have very little idea of what’s going on!

• Members

Ok - I’ve got it figured out a bit time wise. With the videos on YouTube, “Lisa’s Forgotten Son” Parts 1, 2, and 3 take place chronologically. Then the video listed as “5 7 92” picks up immediately from there. “Lisa’s Forgotten Son Pt. 4” picks up from where “5 7 92” left off and the story continues through “Lisa’s Forgotten Son” parts 5 & 6. 

So you should be able to mark down Tuesday 5/5/92 through Friday 5/8/92 as having aired. There are 4 opening credits that take place during the “Lisa’s Forgotten Son” videos. 

I hope this helps you to continue your work on developing a full list!

• Members

Just a quick message from me to let everyone who has been sending me info in this thread or the regular ATWT thread, that I DO read them and WILL process them. I've just been very busy lately, but I hope to have some free time coming up soon.

There have been a lot of new uploads to YT recently, though many of them seem to be reposts, so I'll have to sift through them to see what's what.

Please know that I'm not ignoring your tips and please keep sending them!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Let me clear up what happened in the above posts, in case you missed it.

After a few months that have been very busy for me, in which I have had little time to devote to this pet project, I finally found myself with more time on my hands this week. In my absence, a number of new channels have sprung up that have started posting episodes that I had not encountered yet. It all happened so fast that I barely had time to keep up. 

Over the past two days, I have systematically gone through the uploads of one such channel (which shall now remain nameless). I decided to focus on episodes that were completely new to YT, which I had listed in the posts above, that I just deleted. I was excited to find there were indeed several new uploads, which were of great use to me for my list (in addition to just being wonderful for the soap community in general, obviously). 

Up until a few hours ago, new episodes were posted on the channel I'm referring to. Then, out of nowhere, videos started disappearing from the channel, and now there are barely any left. I know this is not an uncommon practice and it has happened countless times before. And yet, I can't help but feel that my actions have had something to do with it. 

I always meant my full episode list as a fan guide, to help myself and others find what's out there and piece together the history of the show. However, if someone has ill intentions, the list provides a handy guide to systematically take down all episodes on YT. I felt relatively safe, because P&G seems to have zero interest in soaps at this point. But with the timing of it all, I can't help but feel that someone associated with P&G is lurking on these boards. That is why I have decided to delete the above posts and remove all entries to the channel in question from my list.

If the person responsible for the channel in question is on these boards, I am enormously thankful for their efforts and I sincerely hope my actions have not affected them. I want them to know that should they find a workaround that allows them to upload the episodes under a different name, I will no longer copy their channel name into my list. 

Having said that, I am re-thinking the approach to my list in general. It is very possible that I will start taking out all references to channels. I know some people use this list for their own viewing habits, so please feel free to copy what's online now and save it somewhere.

I am very sorry that this is what it might come to. I, like most of you, am a fan of seeing classic episodes pop up on YT, and I can't for the life of me understand why a company that refuses to monetize its show and never shows an ounce of interest in it, is so averse to seeing episodes pop up online.

Edited by Brolden

• Members

Thanks for the heads up. I took a screenshot with my phone for '92-'98. After that, it seems that every episode essentially exists through As The World Still Turns channel. 

Your posting may have had nothing to do at all with the videos being taken down. If so, I'd think they'd all have disappeared. It's possible that person who uploaded them meant for them to be private, (Not everyone likes to share things) realized they're weren't and simply changed the settings. 

The only reason P&G would go after their catalogue on YouTube would be if they finally decided to create their own channel. Now that The Doctors has done it, thanks to RetroTV, they might be beginning to understand that there's a way to make money off of their catalogue. Of course, the music rights in the 80s will be their most difficult thing to address.

Thanks, as always, for all your hard work! It's been a great help as I've made my way through the series starting with '79.

• Members

Please do not blame yourself for anything.

Sometimes, even the most dedicated and generous people who enjoy sharing their material with others can be completely turned off by the belligerent, aggressive, mean-spirited behavior of trolls on the internet.