Y&R July 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I watched a few scenes this morning before I got out of bed. I didn't realize I was crying until a tear hit my arm. RC Cates gets alot of flack around here but the music is beautiful.  Bryton excels at this type of stuff. Devon is breaking my heart.

Some of it is well written and some of it not so much. Eh, Lily's regret about judging Hilary instead of taking the time to teach her to be a better role model for Shauna. What?! Was?! That!? Such arrogance and self importance. Jack's scenes seem throwaway. I didn't get much from them. 

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Please register in order to view this content

The cast really is doing a great job.  They are selling this story.  From what I've read, Mishael is close to several cast members and that is coming through in those scenes.

My sister is here for the day.  We grew up watching this show and GL together, although she doesn't watch anymore (at least regularly).  She was like "should I get you a tissue, Greg?"  

She watches when she comes to visit and says that Hilary is the only character that catches her attention.  She thinks TPTB are stupid for killing her off.

Lily's stuff was good, but that line did make me HUH?  I would have liked Jack's scenes to be longer as well.  But Bryton, Mishael, Camryn were great today.

• Members

I know people think Devon is boring, but what I like about BJ is that he never hits a false note. You never feel him straining and stretching for an effect, and I can’t say the same about any of the more heralded actors on the show, except maybe Marla Adams or Beth Maitland.

• Members

I know exactly how you feel. Just take the tissue. 

I could do without Mariah around at all, as you know. From a writing perspective, the show needed to play the beat. I get that.  I just get so tired of her getting so much POV in everything Hilary related. The show stuck her to Hilary's sails  almost two years ago and will not cut the cord. Their relationship has never made a lick of sense to me and...I just still don't like it. But Camryn did a great job in her scenes. 

Wonder where Neil is? 

• Members

I've noticed that the show has trouble playing Neil, Devon, and Nate at the same time. When they wanted Nate the focus, Devon was MIA from screen. Neil was Nate's supporting.  Now that Devon is the focus with Nate supporting, Neil is MIA from screen. I'm intrigued by how the fall out will play and which characters will do what. What will they possibly do with these people? Maybe Caroline, Nate's deceased beloved, ain't dead afterall. 

• Members

I think that Bryton has been doing a really nice job with this storyline. He has been very natural and  believable portraying Devon dealing with his grief and trying to keep on a brave face for Hilary.

Also, I am glad that Jack got to see her today. I do wish their scenes had been longer. I think that the a lot of the cast that has been involved with this storyline has been doing a good job. 

• Members

I agree with everyone else that the actors have been nailing it. Mishael has been especially strong, I think.

Still, I’m bothered by the cliched reactions to Hilary in peril. Lily is crying like they were best friends, and so is Mariah. I can understand sadness and concern for Hilary, but for me their reactions were over-the-top. The last minute “I loved her” stuff doesn’t work for me, and doesn’t make me feel worse about Hilary.

• Members

Bryton looked really good today

Bye, Tessa!  Leave already ok bye bye then.  Seriously, their story was over last year, why did they resurrect it?  If Tessa was that worried about her sister, why did she stay in GC after Zach died?  It makes no fuckin sense.  No one wants to see that mess.

Archived