B&B on Amazon Prime

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Only goes back from 2015??  That's far from classic B&B. I don't see the point unless you already have Prime and nothing else to watch on the service.  I mean, at all. 

If it were Golden Age ATWT, I'd subscribe just to get that (although I'd prefer Netflix, which I do actually have access to).  If it's only the last 15 years or so of ATWT, nope.  That would be a big no from me.

• Members

If production companies were smart, they'd license the vast catalog of the four current soaps to a streaming service as a way to get people hooked. They could go back five or 10 years. It's not like those episodes are making money sitting on a server. Old soap episodes are perfect for bingeing - you can FF through the dead stories, etc. With 40 min episodes, you can watch a week in an evening. 

Of course, I would love P&G to open that massive vault. It's been such a pleasure being able to watch Dark Shadows on Amazon Prime. 

• Members

Possibly with the exception of the Bell company, soap production companies have not been so smart about monetizing or maximizing their product.  They just don't seem to treat their property with much respect. 

Many hide behind the excuse of music rights but that was mostly during the 1980s and SoapClassics proved that even this issue can be overcome.

I've been saying for years that a few production companies could go in a joint effort with PGP and build out a streaming platform similar to the early years of Hulu.  Or even similar to You Tube with different "Channels" for dedicated to different soaps.  It wouldn't be easy but I refuse to believe there is no existing market out there.

If there is a digital substation called Grit, and Bonzanza still airs on various outlets any given day of the week, I'm straining to understand why classic soaps can't have a home in which fans can view some of their most iconic storylines.

Archived