Y&R June 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Always interesting to see when soap fans and/or bloggers promote #MeToo but still try to do a little softshoe over whether Michael Muhney (or Robert Kelker-Kelly) should ever be hired again.

• Members

I know actors have a relationship with customers that some schmo toiling away at an office job doesn’t have, but I don’t know many industries where trashing your superiors in a public forum does you any favors. Doug isn’t Susan Lucci or Erika Slezak in terms of 2018 Y&R.

That is, unless he knows Mal is halfway out the door, which wouldn’t be surprising given Y&R’s recent run of record ratings lows.

• Members

Yeah, Y&R had like three days of sub-3.0 ratings in the most recent report, and the demos are just as abysmal. Granted, the other shows aren’t doing much better, save for DAYS with modest gains, but I can imagine the highers-up being alarmed.

• Members

My fear is that we’ll return to the depths of Pratt/MAB shock and awe. Some would argue that Mal has already gone there, but nothing he’s done has been egregious as Adam killing a child or Neil torturing Hilary or the crazy run of psychotic doppelgängers IMO. Not even the JT stuff, which was pretty poorly handled.

Archived