Shocking Deaths and Surprises

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DEATHS

Harold the Dog dies (AMC)

Will's death by crowbar (AMC)

Cassie's death (Y&R) - I never thought they'd do it!

Cameron kills Gennie (Emmerdale)

Val's death in the Hall of Mirrors (Emmerdale)

Holly Barton's death (Emmerdale)

SURPRISES

James Stenbeck is alive (the first time) (ATWT)

Dirty Den returns from the dead (EastEnders)

Janet throws Natalie down the well (AMC)

Kim is locked in the basement of Hollyoaks High for months on end (Hollyoaks)

Debbie (accidentally) interrupts Michael's wedding to Charity (Emmerdale)

Sheila Carter is alive and well in Los Angeles (The Bold and the Beautiful)

• Members

I will never forget when pregnant Lily died on GH while Brenda and Jax married.  Sonny is now free (in a horrible way) and now Brenda was taken.  I had no idea she was leaving, and I just happened to be home to watch that episode and I was shocked.

When Marlena was revealed as the desecrator on DAYS I was surprised.  Then she started floating and the rest is iconic soap history.

• Members

(Y&R)

When Ashley went bonkers and was put in an institution the first time.

Jill getting shot in the shower.

Lauren & Sheila lab catfight

(Dallas)

When Sue Ellen tells J.R. she's pregnant and she said all he cared was about was that precious Ewing heir no matter's who's it is. He jumps up out of the chair and slaps the piss out of her. This was 1978, there would be no way they would let him do that on TV now. 

I thought J.R. causing Pam to fall from the hayloft and miscarry was sick. It looked like an accident, but he was walking her towards the edge on his knees. He knew what he was doing.

J.R. knowing Kit was gay and insisting he marry Lucy anyway. 

Pam's fireball car crash.

(Knots Landing)

Sid's death.

Jill forcing Val to overdose on sleeping pills at gun point.

(B&B)

That bad story were Stephanie had been keeping her and Eric's bed ridden daughter Angela in a house for decades. 

• Members

Jefferson Brown, aka faux Sky Whitney, on EON...hands down shocked me the most.  He was in one of the most popular pairings with Raven. And I loved "Sky" & Raven. But they wrote that, despite his love for Raven, he decided he had to kill her to keep her from revealing his secret. Instead, he was shot to death by Damien Tyler in Switzerland. My teen-aged self was bawling my eyes out along with Raven, plus I didn't want Larkin Malloy off the show. 
Of course, unbeknownst at the time, they would come up with the story that the real Sky was still alive so we got our second version of Sky & Raven. 

• Members

Y&R

- Cassie's death. I call it one of the most poignant moments in my daytime watching history and think it is some of the cast's best work to this day.

Melrose Place

- Kimberly blowing up the complex. Damn!

BH 90210

- when Toni died by accident, and Dylan found her in the car. I still get goosebumps thinking about that moment.

• Members

Renee DiMera's death on Days at her engagement party. I was 10 and had no idea it was coming! I loved Renee. 

Shortly after, the reveal Tony was being held in the cell while an impostor (Andre) had taken his place.  Surprised!

• Members

That was the best. At 11 years old, I was genuinely freaked. I also liked the episode before, where at the end you see Michael finally accepting Sydney as his bride/partner-in-crime, and then outside the beachhouse, you see Kimberly watching from afar. That was probably my first "back from the dead" experience I had ever seen on a soap. 

• Members

Was that Lar Park Lincoln?

I also think killing Sumner’s daughter (just to bring the actress back as his niece) was a mistake.  Imagine her and Paige and Abby and Claudia going at it for control of Sumner at different points while he lost interest (which he did often).

• Members

The whole thing was sickening and tonally way way way off with anything Knots had ever been. Even now the shot of the blood running down her legs still disgusts me when I remember it. Knots died in that moment. 

Archived