Front burner to forgotten

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's more than fair to say she was on A LOT during her first run.  She drove a lot  of story, and they made a huge point if redeeming her. It wasn't really until Jake's death in '02 that it slowed down. The romance with Mike kinda blew back on her, and TPTB couldn't figure out what to do. 

When she returned, she got reinvolved with Holden for maybe 4 months. At the very end she probably wasn't on much at all, as she and Holden had broken up. She did appear at Carly znd Jack's wedding the final week.

• Members

I always kind of felt bad for the AW fans who came to ATWT about Jake’s death, which really served really no purpose, especially since he had found happiness again with Molly.

At least neither ATWT nor GL killed Cass Winthrop during any of his appearances.

• Members

Sharon Gabet as OLTL's Melinda Cramer. Wow, she came on in blazing in a popular, front-burner storyline - and she really sold it. Then came the WGA strike, and after that storyline concluded, she just faded away... apparently back to a sanitarium, we'd later find out. (While she was there, she apparently failed to mention that she gave birth to a daughter, Kelly - but secret offspring are like a requirement for the Cramer sisters.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Nah after being on almost every day and leading and/or being involved in so many storylines from 1986 to 2005, the character has been etched and burned into Y&R as an institution even during her off years. Some fans would like to forget but they can't; some fans still complain she's on too much even when Christine appears. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Dr. Sara McIntyre was one of the main heroines on GL from 1967 to 1982 (?). She drove a lot of story. The character married  Adam Thorpe and moved away and was, I think, never mentioned again.

Nick Marone on B&B. Jack Wagner was unique as he was one of the few stunt castings that survived Bradley's ADHD.

• Members

Two great examples.  I’ve watched entire storylines on YouTube of Guiding Light, and stuff from Marland’a run, and I’ve never hear of McIntyre.  From reading up I know she was Carrier Marler’s Psychiatrist before she left the show, so I have seen her in a couple of scenes.  But it seems she drove a lot of story!

Speaking of Guiding Light, I don’t remember if anyone mentioned Rita yet.  Or Kelly?  Talk about hot to not.

• Members

There was a brief interaction with them in the diner immediately after Harley & Mallet's wedding, which was the couple's exit from the show. Lucy had just arrived and had been sitting in the diner, angrily waiting to confront wayward father Buzz while the party was going on outside. Neither knew who the other was and Lucy made a comment to Harley about how pretty she looked in her wedding dress. I think Harley even glanced back at Lucy with a quizzical look right before she left.

Archived