Front burner to forgotten

• Members

Back in 1983, Barbara Crampton joined DAYS as Trista, Marlena's niece or cousin or something. She was in two big storylines during the spring and summer -  the mysterious death of her mother, possibly killed by Alex Marshall, and her relationship with Eugene. Then she became victim number 3 of the Salem slasher. All of this happened in about 6 or 8 months. She came back in one episode as a ghost a couple of months later, but that was it as far as I know. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A lot of GL characters. And while Marland might've had trouble writing for Dobson's characters (Rita, Evie, Ben) Marland's characters got swept out by the next regime  (I forget who...was that Pam Long?) Morgan, Kelly, Nola, Quint, Amanda, Jennifer, Jackie, Lanie Marler, Trish, Andy, Katie.

Who was Lillian's sister and her daughter  (played by Rebecca Staab)? They ate up a lot of story in the mid 80s and disappeared

• Members

Jessie and Calla. (along with Jessie's husband Simon - I don't even know if he was mentioned in later years in spite of being Alex's brother) 

There was a gap of a year or so between Marland and Long. Pat Falken Smith and someone else (?) were there. 

I think Jackie and Andy left under Marland, as did Lainie (who was a Dobsons creation). 

• Members

On GL, Simon was scamming Alex. He wasn't her brother. He was the son of Alex's ex Eric, and the half-brother of Lujack.

Marland left in September 1982 and was replaced by Pat Falken Smith. She left around December 1982 and was replaced by Gene Palumbo and L. Virginia Browne. I think Gary Tomlin and Carolyn Demoney Culliton were interim head writers for a month before Pam Long and Richard Culliton arrived in May 1983.

Jackie, Lainie, and Andy left when Marland was still there. Jennifer departed in the Palumbo/Browne period.

• Members

They did.. I think when Vanessa was looking for her and Ross' daughter.. there was a red herring that Jessie was gonna be that child because of the connection between Calla's husband and the family that adopted Dinah.. plus Calla being secretive about her past.  But it was all a red herring.

Archived