Your daily (or nightly) thought

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The EU's new copyright directive passed, which means more censorship, more closed borders, much less chance to see vital content, and even more hatred and fear directed toward an organization that already has so many problems. The main goal of things like this are to keep everyone isolated and stupid. 

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/26/18280726/europe-copyright-directive

• Members

I'm reading The Sun Does Shine by Anthony Ray Hinton. I just can't get it off my mind. How do you get over having 30 years of your life stolen?  What a case of justice failing over and over again until the very end.  

I'm not very sympathetic to violent criminals, but I'm starting to think that not even the worst deserve to be on death row.  I used to only be against the death penalty because there is too much bias in the system, but this made me see that it's just too cruel to make people hear and smell death for years before their date. Maybe it just has to be enough to keep murderers in prison for life.