Fixing General Hospital

• Members

CAST PURGE

Clean house.    Curtis tracks down Hayden for Finn.  They reunite , off-screen, with their son, Jeffrey, named for her father.  Leaves the door open for visit from Finn in medical stories (see THE Hospital, below).    Out...Michael Easton with a chance to do guest spots.

Dr. Bensch and Kiki are killed outside Kelly's by Cassandra  and her men during  a drug  deal gone bad. There are no witnesses.  Franko vows revenge for Kiki's death.  He inadvertently comes across Cassandra gloating to a tied up Nina.  A struggle ensues and all three go out a window.  After a long night in the ER, Elizabeth and Valentin are both left alone.Out...   Jim DePaiva (not for long), Hayley Erin, The Staff, and RoHo, as well as Jessica Tuck(too bad her character is too bad to salvage).

Looks like Andre Maddux is already on the way out.

A NEW BROWNSTONE/APARTMENT COMPLEX

Re-create the Brownstone or another building near the hospital for the various singles to interact in, off-duty. Include apartments for Kim and Oscar Nero, Griffen Munro,Amy and Chet Driscoll, Curtis Ashford, Molly and TJ (recast if necessary. TJ should be an intern by now). Valerie (also recast). Maxie/Nathan could also live there.

THE QUARTERMAINES/ELQ

Once the which Jason is which   is finally over, the division of Edward's will should come back into play.  With Jane Elliott retired, we should get a "pop-up" from Jimmy Lee, his 'kin'(Jonah, Rebecca and ???) and the remaining Ward-Quartermaines(Faith Ward's kids, Maya and Zoey. Introduce them to viewers, and keep one or two. (Throwing Steve Bond and Leslie Charleson in a few scenes to gauge sparks?).  Let's see Michael, Ned, Dillon, Drew and Jason interact with their relatives. It might bring a little more oomph to the Q stories.

HARDY/WEBBER/SPENCERS/THE HOSPITAL

Dr. Jeff Webber(JDP) arrives to support his daughter Elizabeth after the death of her latest man, Franko.  His former wife nowhere to be found, Jeff quickly gets back to work at GH. He begins to see both old friend Bobbi and Alexis. Monica remains Chief of Staff  Jeff is named Chief of Surgery. Griffen is also a surgeon. Kevin continues as Chief of Psychiatry. Laura is on the Board and has an Administrative Position. "Aunt" Stella is running Social Services.  Lucas Jones becomes ER Director, and Kim Nero  is a new ER doc. 

Bobbi is named Director of Nursing, Epiphany remains Head Nurse.  Elizabeth, Amy, Felix and Deanna continue as main nurses. Alexis takes on the job of the Hospital's Chief counsel.

Rotating in different medical stories (a la The Doctors and GH's early years) mixed in with the other drama on the show could do nothing but help the show.  One week it could be Chet's leg, another could be diabetes, etc...

PCPD/THE LAW

As Serena Baldwin returns to Port Charles as an Assistant District Attorney, she spends time with Scott and Lucy.  Jordan remains as Commissioner while Anna continues with her WSB position.  Dante has trouble with Lulu, whose reporter job clashes with his own investigations. Nathan is fired due to fraud allegations. Valerie becomes his new partner.  Scott and Diane continue as local lawyers. Nefarious Nelle continues to wreak havoc on the secrets of Port Charles, one at a time.  Michael falls for sweet Serena, but Nelle continues to tempt him.

Sonny and his dealings are backburnered, cutting screentime.  Carly vs. Kim as parents gets a new wrinkle when one of the Jason's turns out to be Oscar's father.\

I'd just be happy with some of the above.

What suggestions do you have for better stories?

@depboy

@DramatistDreamer  @Nothin'ButAttitude @ranger1rg

@KMan101, @YRBB@cassadine1991  @victoria foxton @victorlord75

and all the GH fans, please bring your ideas to the table

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of all the remaining shows, it's the one I have the least interest in following, which is saying something in a genre where mere mediocrity is a high bar. (OK, maybe it's tied with B&B for last place.) So. Much. Dead. Weight. And expensive dead weight at that. The show needs to fire its entire male cast save for Donnell Turner. 

• Members

Bring back Brenda and make her the hurricane she is.

That said...and yes I am going to sound hypocritical  given my feelings on MY's Y&R saying this but I own such things when I do which is rare...hasn't CVE's influence on the writing not be sensed enough to make a difference on-screen? Has it even been six months for him?

I love your idea's @slick jones  If only GH would implement these changes. I would love to see GH return to it's medical roots. Never understood GH's fixation and fascination with the mob. GH's version of the mob is so lame and clownish.  I loved how you killed off Frank's menagerie of failed pets. We desperately need likable, interesting complex characters. Who are tied to GH. I would love to see Bobbie's Brownstone. As  a new generation of interns rents apartments from Bobbie.

Archived